What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Attended interview from Hell. Too far out. Would have to walk 15 mins there and back in pouring rain AFTER 2 bus journeys.

Their interview on-line application said you would get travel expenses back. Er... you don't. So I am £9.00 out of pocket in taxi fares. Challenged the HR woman about it, and she wouldn't refund the travel.

So, once I had calmed down, wound up @ the pool. Customer service from HELL in the cafe, so went out to front desk and insisted on seeing the manager. So, I have logged my complaint, and they are gonna ring me back tomorrow. Manager actually offered me a complimentary coffee as well, as he said I looked so cross !! :hahaha:

Anyhow, felt good to stand up to things, even if only one of the complaints got sorted. :hahaha:

#godimgood(sometimes)

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Ok. So we were going for a house viewing early may. so, now i find out the area has been compared to the gaza strip, with inflatable hippos in the windows. seems rather than have windows repaired, people stick inflatable shapes in the holes. So, this viewing is gonna need cancelled. Will have to sort all this out tomorrow.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• 2 weeks later...

Bare with me, this is gonna be long...

I was applying for jobs lastnight on the BristolJobs website and got a call back from one of the employers this morning. I'd missed it, so I called them back.

It was Mantra Marketing. The lady on the phone asked me if I'd applied for a job in Customer Services, which I had. So she said, eventhough it was probably her colleague who called me, and she didn't actually have my CV in front of her, she could take over anyway. So she asked me abit about my work background, and said that I was probably called to attend an interview.

She asked if I could come in today, but I've got plans and it very short notice, so I declined. She then asked me about coming in Monday, which was fine. It would give me time to do some research on the company, get my clothes ready, and just generally prepare myself. And as she kept dodging the subject of what's actually involved, what the company provides, and what the pay rates are, etc, I was feeling very hesitant by the end of the call.

Upon doing research, I've found out that it's basically *not* the office job I applied for. It's all about commission via door-to-door sales, and/or standing around Bristol in fundraising vests bugging people their for money and card details (it all depends what company they have you supporting at the time). =/

Apparently, everyone gets an interview with them, everyone gets hired, and everyone quits within a week or two when they're finally given the truth about their job. And when you read their "Business Development Programme" on their own site, it's very obviously just another pyramid scheme. =/

Cannot help thinking this should go in the 'what rocks' section, as you have had lucky escape there. your instincts told you there was something wrong. have you tried approaching recruitment agencies. You can get names and number from yell.com for your area.

Hmm, you might be right. Hehe!! And yeah, I've been looking up a few agencies now. =)

Found the new tv I want, seems like a good price as well so I went to buy it yesterday only for the guy in the shop to tell me it wouldn't fit in my car. Now faced with the decision of whether I should go for the delivery option, potentially spending all day stuck in the house on my week off, hiring a van (bit OTT) to go and get it tomorrow, or whether I really want to be buying it at all.

Not impressed with censorship

well I've had my heart set on a 50" in a place of my own for quite a while and now I've seen it and I can afford it. I'm thinking I'll need to get myself along to the van hire place tomorrow morning and hope its still in the shop when I get there.

Not impressed with censorship