Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

I actually agree with Viv, try and ask them if they could possibly send the references?

On another note I have sent so many applications off now and need another job. Doing my CV again tomorrow and someone who actually looks at the things for a business will look over it for me and tell me where I am going so horribly wrong.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i need a new job badly too, my flow of work has dried up badly latley. so thats added to my other problems that play on my mind.

on the subject of those other problems, i went to see the hangover 2 tonight. great film, nothing wrong with that. i went with 2 of my friends, the one girl i really fancied lots last year and still do. sadly someone else got there before me if you know what i mean, i always seem to lose.

anyway more to the point. it's been the first time since 2005 that i've been to the pictures (i wait for them to come on bbc one like a scrubber). and i was confronted by lots of people on dates. a kick in the balls for dc. for example in the que there was a couple infront of me about my age, i could tell it was their first or second date because he was talking to her telling her about the things he liked etc. he was doing nothing different to what i would do, he didn't look any better than me or worse as far as i could tell. and the girl was fit! what did he do to get there, whats he got that i haven't!?

it's one of those, when you get home and all the commotion of the night has gone. you start thinking about what you saw earlier and then you get pissed off and sad. i haven't been 100% within myself for months now, so things like this set me off.

on the grid.

I need a new job because this one treats people like shit (even the highest sellers) to be honest and doesn't pay enough. I recently applied for a job at Aldi as that pays £2 an hour more for a basic store assistant job. I always seem to get jobs with companies that pay absolute bottom dollar in the industry for the job, and I'm sick of that.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Just got thrown out of an interview. And had the door slammed at my back.

Rude obnoxious cow, who wouldn't give me a chance to express myself properly. Greeted me with a "What can I do for you", even though I was supposed to be there, looked down her snotty nose at me, and she had a FAT ARSE. So there. Fat arsed cow.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Could you possibly ring the referees, just to make sure they ARE gonna send the stuff? :-)
I actually agree with Viv, try and ask them if they could possibly send the references?

Well 1 referee is an old store manager, who contacted me on Facebook to let me know he had received the request for a referance and that it would be sent back later that weekend and the other is my current store manager who has also let me know that she got asked for 1 as well.

Now my current one has been asking me if I'd heard back for the last couple of weeks which leads me to the belief that she did send it back, otherwise why ask if I'd heard anything? I spoke to my old one on Tuesday and he told me that it had been posted back 2 or 3 weeks ago but if i need it done again I've to get the (potentiol) new employer to ask for it again, unfortunately however my store manager is on holiday at the moment and isnt back till the week after next so there isn't really anything I can do about that for now :(

Not impressed with censorship

I had a lovely dream the other night that I had a new job which paid £19K a year and was in Hazel Grove right near my horse is now kept. Then I woke up :cry: I was totally gutted! Still not heard from any jobs I've applied for the miserable arses.

Just seen some pictures of a girl I know on facebook and that got me really down. To cut a long story short we met and dated, then she decided only to be friends and I haven't seen her in about 4 months, but the last time we spoke it wasn't so friendly and she had a go at me for something and I think she reacted in absolutely the wrong way.

Basically shes looking even more gorgeous than I remember and I really really miss her :(

Just seen some pictures of a girl I know on facebook and that got me really down. To cut a long story short we met and dated, then she decided only to be friends and I haven't seen her in about 4 months, but the last time we spoke it wasn't so friendly and she had a go at me for something and I think she reacted in absolutely the wrong way.

Basically shes looking even more gorgeous than I remember and I really really miss her :(

facebook causes so much hurt. before, say 5 or 6 years ago. you could of been upset over someone, but the only thing you could usually do is wonder what they are getting up to now. these days a lot of people document their lives on there, so it's hard to get away from things you don't want to see or know about sometimes.

a classic case is this. for whatever reason, it dosen't happen with a girl/boy. you want to stay friends so you say the odd hello or whatever. then it guts you out when they go with someone. you have them both added on facebook to make matters worse, and have to endure all the messages they send each other knowing there's nothing you can do. this in turn sends you into a mix of negative emotions, and you become convinced that your going to be living on your own in 20 years time.

on the grid.

a classic case is this. for whatever reason, it dosen't happen with a girl/boy. you want to stay friends so you say the odd hello or whatever. then it guts you out when they go with someone.

We weren't at the odd hello stage to be honest, we spoke a hell of a lot actually. When she went silent she said it was because she had a lot on her mind and the last time I saw her it was clear that she was close to becoming depressed, work bothering her, money worries, having trouble coming to terms with a bereavement(sp?), loneliness etc. Obviously I still have feelings for her but in all honesty I actually just miss her friendship more than anything else because we got on so well and it suddenly stopped.

My friend is getting loads of grief at school because of this one break-up. She had nothing to do with it, and people are blaming her. I just wish everyone should stop having a go, but they won't. A few cetain girls are stirring it all up, and it's just not fair on her. Girls are such cows.

Oh, and there's no food in, so I'm living off dry rivitas.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

All this talk of references and job applications... What does it mean when an old employer refuses to give a reference? I got a call on Friday from the agency I'm working for on Friday asking me if I knew why one of my past employers had said "She didn't work for me for long enough for me to feel comfortable giving her a reference". They wanted to know if I really had worked for this woman for 3 months like I said I had. I was really panicked about it. Seriously, why won't she give me a simple reference? I've been working for this agency for 3 days now and I was terrified they'd strike me off the books for having a bad past, but the guy said it's ok, it won't count against me. It's going to be a problem if I apply for any more jobs though, that she won't give me a reference. Arghhhh.

Otherwise though, life is going ok. I mean my love life is non-existent, my social life is thin on the ground, but that's nothing new really.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Fortunately for me my prospective new employers have said they're not that bothered about the other referance not having come back, they would only have an issue if it turned up and it was appauling, but I know it wouldn't be.

Can't you get in touch Lucinda and ask her to give a confirmation of employment if nothing else as it looks bad to anyone else you apply for a job with. If she doesn't feel she knew you well enough then theres nothing that can be done about that, but if you kept your head down and got on with the job then she could at least have the desency to not make it look as bad for you as she seems to be at the moment.

Going back to my new job, really worried about the driving tests which is a bit shit :(

All this talk of references and job applications... What does it mean when an old employer refuses to give a reference? I got a call on Friday from the agency I'm working for on Friday asking me if I knew why one of my past employers had said "She didn't work for me for long enough for me to feel comfortable giving her a reference". They wanted to know if I really had worked for this woman for 3 months like I said I had. I was really panicked about it. Seriously, why won't she give me a simple reference? I've been working for this agency for 3 days now and I was terrified they'd strike me off the books for having a bad past, but the guy said it's ok, it won't count against me. It's going to be a problem if I apply for any more jobs though, that she won't give me a reference. Arghhhh.

Otherwise though, life is going ok. I mean my love life is non-existent, my social life is thin on the ground, but that's nothing new really.

For the future, you should be able to use the Agency consultant as a referee, if you stick in and do your Agency jobs well.

The woman at that old job sounds like a bitch. Better with no reference maybe, as an obnoxious one which COULD get you thrown out the Agency.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

once again a sinking feeling has been proven correct. I really am starting to think I'm allowed nothing positive in my life, because nothing good never EVER lasts for me... and I'm sick of it all. I also hate that whenever I get this kinda feeling, it's usually 100% correct... never get that with any kind of positive feeling about anything...

Do my negative instincts ALWAYS have to be bloody correct? Why NEVER my positive instincts about things? Is that REALLY too much to ask?

massive chunk of metal destroyed my rear passenger tyre on the way home tonight about 12am, had to phone the aa to sort out the spare. i have no idea where the jacking points are on my car, and i had no torch to see. so now i gotta shell out for a new tyre, and they ain't cheap on the mx5's.

on the grid.

Do a little googling - you might find you can get a pair of cheaper ones sent to a local tyre dealer for the cost of just one of the original type if they're a recognisable make like Michelins, Toyos or Pirellis. Definately worth doing a bit of research first - a friend saved a fortune on tyres for their MX5 (I think a pair fitted for less than £100).

someone my dad knows has taken it and is looking at it now. he's gonna call me back tommorow and tell me if he's been able to repair it. if not he's getting me a new good quality tyre like my others for a cut price.

on the grid.

I just know I will be getting fired soon from my job, they keep nitpicking at everything I do. It's getting far too tedious to even be there now, frantically applying for more jobs as cannot really afford to be out of one with having Tilly and bills to pay!

and the kicks just KEEP coming. I hate being right almost as much as I currently hate being alive.

I think this is actually the Lowest I have ever felt without someone having died... and even then it's actually pretty close as I feel like I'm dying inside.

my tv in my room is fucked, well angry. does anyone know anything or where i can get an lcd screen sorted? i think it's lcd anyway. there's loads of lines going across the bottom of the screen and i can't sort it.

on the grid.