Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

Well... personally I've always been a firm believer that you should never change who you are just to impress someone else and that the right person will like you for who you are. As you say, these are relatively small changes - if you want to give it a go then by all means go ahead, but really it should be because YOU want to and not to try and please someone else. If your dress sense is the main reason why this girl won't go out with you then to be honest you'd probably be better off without her anyway - you seem like a nice enough guy and you deserve someone who wants to be with you regardless of the way you dress.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well... personally I've always been a firm believer that you should never change who you are just to impress someone else and that the right person will like you for who you are. As you say, these are relatively small changes - if you want to give it a go then by all means go ahead, but really it should be because YOU want to and not to try and please someone else. If your dress sense is the main reason why this girl won't go out with you then to be honest you'd probably be better off without her anyway - you seem like a nice enough guy and you deserve someone who wants to be with you regardless of the way you dress.

i agree,

maybe it depends on where you are both going, if its a meal or something like that, it really isn't the place for a hoodie is it, just lounging about the house a hoodie etc is fine,

women spend a lot of time getting ready etc for going out, even when just going to the shops, so if she is spending a hour getting ready to go out & all you do is get up & go out in what you were already wearing,

at the end of the day i am a believer in "you cannot judge a book by it's cover" & "it's whats inside that counts"

she just wants you to look good when out with her by the sounds of it, it's not like she is telling you to go & get a whole new wardrobe of clothes, surly it's worth this little extra bit off effort & when she gets to know you more/better she may see things in you that makes her realize that she likes/loves you for more than how you look,

if you have a few bob spare go get some new threads & say you took her advice (that should get you some bonus points ;) ) & what does she think.

you don't know what will happen unless you give it a try,

you could end up regretting this if you don't give it a go,

what have you got to loose ? (a few pounds on some clothes that you can wear again) nothing.

:)

Is it worth stepping massively outside my comfort zone and making these seemingly little changes, or should I forget all about it?

Honest advice!! forget this one!! She'll be telling you what to EAT next. Too controlling a person by the sounds of it.

I once had a boyfriend who didn't like the fact I rarely wore dresses. He used to tell me "I like a woman to look smart".

Showing up in mud after a run one day, I randomly threw a mud covered trainer at the back of his nut. He left and never came back.

Yipee!! To thine ownself be true!! I blame the magazines these days with their perfect images of celebs., etc., etc., and we're all trying to live up to these stupid, candy floss images!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Honest advice!! forget this one!! She'll be telling you what to EAT next. Too controlling a person by the sounds of it.

I once had a boyfriend who didn't like the fact I rarely wore dresses. He used to tell me "I like a woman to look smart".

Showing up in mud after a run one day, I randomly threw a mud covered trainer at the back of his nut. He left and never came back.

Yipee!! To thine ownself be true!! I blame the magazines these days with their perfect images of celebs., etc., etc., and we're all trying to live up to these stupid, candy floss images!!

you threw a shoe at him !

she may have a controlling side, but if putting a few nice threads you get to go out with her more often you will find these things out before it's to late.

I think I may have made this look a bit worse than it is, I asked her opinion because I want to know what it could be that was stopping my love life from ever developing beyond the friends stage. She told me that was just her personal opinion and if I was happy with my style I shouldn't change. On one hand she could have been giving me some general advice for my next potentiol girlfriend, however on the other hand she's not an airhead and I wonder if she realised I was asking because I want her to like me. Trust me I know someone who has a controlling girlfriend when it comes to his appearance and clothes, this is definitly nowhere near that level

it depends on where you are both going, if its a meal or something like that, it really isn't the place for a hoodie is it, just lounging about the house a hoodie etc is fine

Don't get me wrong, I do try and scrub up when required. When I saw her last I thought I was looking reasonably smart with black jeans and a jumper but I had trainers on with it, but they were clean and completely black so it could have been a lot worse. I just meant casually if I'm doing something with friends or going into a club in town I'll just chuck on the jeans, trainers and hoody/tshirt, because as far as I'm concerned I only wanna have a good time and I'm not out to impress anyone

Not impressed with censorship

I think I may have made this look a bit worse than it is, I asked her opinion because I want to know what it could be that was stopping my love life from ever developing beyond the friends stage. She told me that was just her personal opinion and if I was happy with my style I shouldn't change. On one hand she could have been giving me some general advice for my next potentiol girlfriend, however on the other hand she's not an airhead and I wonder if she realised I was asking because I want her to like me. Trust me I know someone who has a controlling girlfriend when it comes to his appearance and clothes, this is definitly nowhere near that level

Don't get me wrong, I do try and scrub up when required. When I saw her last I thought I was looking reasonably smart with black jeans and a jumper but I had trainers on with it, but they were clean and completely black so it could have been a lot worse. I just meant casually if I'm doing something with friends or going into a club in town I'll just chuck on the jeans, trainers and hoody/tshirt, because as far as I'm concerned I only wanna have a good time and I'm not out to impress anyone

oh i didn't mean to sound like i was saying you don't scrub up etc,

it seems you have sort of answered your own question, you don't need to go out dressed like Elton John :giggle:

you may have seen them programs on tv where these style people say how colors & types of clothes work on some people & not on others, some designs can make people look fat for example, i'm not saying you should get in touch with Gok Wan but you can tell yourself when looking in the mirror if you look good if you know what i mean, i agree it's very difficult when it comes to styles & dress sense, maybe you could ask some friends or even the girl you mentioned, it depends on how much weight you hold in her advice,

i dunno, if i should go this far, but has she seen you dressed smarter as you mentioned above if not next time you know you are going to see her maybe dress a bit less casual, i know i know this sounds like she is "changing you" but maybe it would be worth it, if you like her & want her to like you,

if she has seen you looking what you thought was smart, maybe let her know that you have been thinking about her advice (that you appreciate) but are unsure what she means & if she can be a bit more you know specific, i know it seems a bit erm-you know, but you thought enough about it to post about it here (i haven't worded this last bit very well but you get the gist of what i mean).

as i said before you shouldn't change into somebody you are not for anyone, it's very difficult there is no right or wrong when it comes to finding someone & everyone has the same problems.

Bloody insurance companies piss me off. A stupid old bat crashed into my car and they won't fix it, apparently it would cost more than the cars worth. Erm excuse me but a new headlight cover and a new bumper does not cost the earth! So now Ima going to have to pay for it myself. Fucking joke!!! If I saw her again I'd punch the cow. :grrr:

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Strange that, I phoned my first insurance company to complain that a car I had bumped into hadn't been repaired after seeing it several months after the accident. To cut a long story short I was told that it was none of my business and the woman who owned the car had been given money to repair the car as my insurers were legally obliged to cover any costs for damage I caused. Whose insurers is it that are refusing to pay for the damage caused?

Not impressed with censorship

Strange that, I phoned my first insurance company to complain that a car I had bumped into hadn't been repaired after seeing it several months after the accident. To cut a long story short I was told that it was none of my business and the woman who owned the car had been given money to repair the car as my insurers were legally obliged to cover any costs for damage I caused. Whose insurers is it that are refusing to pay for the damage caused?

They would both rather write my car off. Totally sucks after I've just spent £449 to pass the MOT. Direct Line & Sarga

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson