What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After having been on a few dates with a girl and chatting to her a lot she went quiet on me and didnt really speak for a week or so. Been told this evening that theres a lot of things on her mind and she likes me as a friend but isnt physically attracted to me.

I should have known it would end like this :(

Not impressed with censorship

After having been on a few dates with a girl and chatting to her a lot she went quiet on me and didnt really speak for a week or so. Been told this evening that theres a lot of things on her mind and she likes me as a friend but isnt physically attracted to me.

Sorry to hear that mate. Don't tell me she used the 'you're like a brother' line? :confused: (yep, heard that one too many damn times)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

ouch, i feel your pain. it really makes you wonder what you have to do sometimes dosen't it?

on the grid.

Well I know I'm not exactly the prettiest thing in the world, but I'm good at making people laugh and apparently all women want a guy with a good sense of humour. So yea I'm thinkin either she was pretendin to laugh when I was telling her stories or the GSOH thing has been proved to me to be utter bullsh!t........

I kind of knew it would happen though, she's a good looking, determined, intelligent girl with her independance etc. I'm 24, still living with parents because I'm stuck in a dead end job in a shop and have no idea what I wanna do with myself

Well I know I'm not exactly the prettiest thing in the world, but I'm good at making people laugh and apparently all women want a guy with a good sense of humour. So yea I'm thinkin either she was pretendin to laugh when I was telling her stories or the GSOH thing has been proved to me to be utter bullsh!t........

I kind of knew it would happen though, she's a good looking, determined, intelligent girl with her independance etc. I'm 24, still living with parents because I'm stuck in a dead end job in a shop and have no idea what I wanna do with myself

Awwww... How Sweet! You'll find someone, Craig!

craig knows as i do, it's not just as simple as 'finding someone'. people live in a world of fantasy romantic films, where a guy or a girl unlucky with love get what they want in the end. and live happily ever after. whilst in the real world it's more grim than that. the bell ends and bitches get everything they want while the generally good willing, positive people get fuck all.

on the grid.

craig knows as i do, it's not just as simple as 'finding someone'. people live in a world of fantasy romantic films, where a guy or a girl unlucky with love get what they want in the end. and live happily ever after. whilst in the real world it's more grim than that. the bell ends and bitches get everything they want while the generally good willing, positive people get fuck all.

Can't argue with that.

craig knows as i do, it's not just as simple as 'finding someone'. people live in a world of fantasy romantic films, where a guy or a girl unlucky with love get what they want in the end. and live happily ever after. whilst in the real world it's more grim than that.

Absolutely right, the world of fantasy in films would have you believe that even if the guy and girl hate eachother that ultimately it will turn to love and they will get together by the end of the film (see The Ugly Truth, which I only just saw this week) or the guy really likes the girl but she isn't interested till he does something heroic and all of a sudden he is the only guy in the worls for her.

I don't want to look like I'm feeling sorry for myself, but at no point have I ever seen a film where the guy breaks up with the girlfriend of 5 years cos she takes him for granted and convinces herself he's cheated when he hasnt. Is then lead on by another girl he likes who ends up going out with his lesbian "best mate". Then meets up with an old friend who turns out to be a bit of a slag and tries to use sex and guilt-trips to start a relationship with him. Meets someone through the internet who seems like a really nice, funny, good looking girl who cuts him off all of a sudden and refuses to answer him when asked why she's stopped talking. Has no luck for about 6 months after but another good looking, intelligent, successful girl shows up only for him to be told as much as she likes him and has a good time with him, she doesnt find him physically attractive so isnt interested in being more than friends.........

I can. I'm not a bitch or a bell end and neither is my Geek.

He wasn't meaning anyone in particular I don't think, and I'm sure both you and the other half are very nice people. If I understand it correctly what he was meaning is mabey that you could like someone and think of the world of them, but then the cocky guy who loves himself (or female alternative) shows up, catches their eye and gets them.

Ultimately they're not going to treat them the way they deserve to be treated but theres something about them that she likes which clouds her judgement and the nice guy who just wants to love her and show she means the world to him gets pushed to the side.

the old regulars know that i'd never direct anything hurtful towards them, they know my style too well. but you've just done a better job at explaining my point than i could. i guess the only thing that we can do is keep trying, even though it's always a dead end.

on the grid.

If I understand it correctly what he was meaning is mabey that you could like someone and think of the world of them, but then the cocky guy who loves himself (or female alternative) shows up, catches their eye and gets them.

Ultimately they're not going to treat them the way they deserve to be treated but theres something about them that she likes which clouds her judgement and the nice guy who just wants to love her and show she means the world to him gets pushed to the side.

Couldn't agree more... I'm currently in a similar situation myself with somebody I met recently. I won't go into detail as I don't really like talking about things to do with my love life (or lack thereof) but suffice it to say I know exactly how you feel. It's so frustrating as you just want to make the person you like realise that the person they like just isn't treating them as they deserve to be treated, and that if they gave you a chance instead of this other person they'd see that you could make them just as happy, maybe even more so, and actually give them the love they deserve.

I probably didn't explain that as well as I could have done but hopefully you get the idea. Basically the bottom line is that love sucks. :( I wish you all the best for the future though Craig, you seem like a lovely guy and I'm sure you'll meet the right girl eventually.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I'm 24, still living with parents because I'm stuck in a dead end job in a shop and have no idea what I wanna do with myself

That's almost me... 22, still living with parents and don't even have a job. I just volunteer in a charity shop. But I can't move forward in any way because I don't have a clue what to do with myself either :( As Helen said, you seem like a nice guy, eventually you will meet someone who deserves you. The same for DC.

Oh and I've been in this situation. The guy was far more interested in a complete slag who used him and messed around with him with no intention of ever being anything more than friends. But such in life. I've moved on, I'm still friends with him, she's buggered off to the other side of the world without so much as a word to either me or him. So much for friendship.

I'm still stuck in this pretty much dead end situation and I can't shake the depression till I gain some kind of direction in my life. I have met someone lovely who has problems of his own but we are helping each other through it and it is much more stable than my last relationship.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Yeah I know that feeling... whenever I even DARE to try and think positive about ANYTHING in my life, something happens yet again to shut that right down. Struggling to find anything to think positively about right now with the constant hits and hassles.

aaaand (yet another) bad saturday spirals into worse sunday... perfect.