Unofficial Mills

The one that doesn't speak

Mayet

I'm not from the UK so I'm just able to listen to Radio 1 through the internet. :x That's why I'm not up to date with all the jokes, phrases etc.

What I'd like to know is: Who's "The one that doesn't speak" ?

I looked through a thread on this topic but just got that they refer to him but it's not exactly sure who he is?

Why did they bring him in the discussions anyway?

Greetz :P

I just see you're from Northern Germany? Where there?

I'm from Berlin. :hi:

PS: How did you get to know the show?

Ooh, Germany! :hi:

I'm from Suederbrarup. Maybe you've heard of Flensburg? That's where I go to school.

I got to know the show because there was something about the 40th anniversary of "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" on Radio 2, and I decided to try to listen to Radio 1 as well and found out that the Scott Mills Show was quite good.

What about you?

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I got to know the show because there was something about the 40th anniversary of "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" on Radio 2, and I decided to try to listen to Radio 1 as well and found out that the Scott Mills Show was quite good.

Sounds like the most sophisiticated way to come across the show yet!

What about you?

Well, I was in England a few years ago and listened to some radio station (I think it was Gemini FM) where Chris Moyles did some charity event. I listened to Gemini FM per phonoplayer after the holidays... Some months later I went to the BBC website and accidently saw his name there and listened to his show and Scott Mills', too.

Since then I've been trying to stay up-to-date, mostly per BBC Podcasts.

Then, yesterday, I googled "the one that doesn't speak" and found this forum.

And here I am. :D

I'm not from the UK so I'm just able to listen to Radio 1 through the internet. :x That's why I'm not up to date with all the jokes, phrases etc.

What I'd like to know is: Who's "The one that doesn't speak" ?

I looked through a thread on this topic but just got that they refer to him but it's not exactly sure who he is?

Why did they bring him in the discussions anyway?

Greetz :P

Who is "the one that doesn't speak" ? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Chappers tell it, anybody could have worked for TWTDS. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

• 1 month later...
Who is "the one that doesn't speak" ? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Chappers tell it, anybody could have worked for TWTDS. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone.

They should do things like that more often on radio programmes. It gets so boring when you know everybody that things which invite speculation are well-placed, so I think.