Unofficial Mills

Enter BBC Three - Lily gets show

Jono

Have been pondering all weekend what these adverts are about on Radio 1. It seems they're getting rid of the BBC Three blobs and chunky text for a more slick design that oddly looks a lot like the 'Heart' radio and seems to have taken on a more feminine style.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be much of a "new" BBC Three bar the fact they've got one or two new shows and Lily Allen gets her own show.

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/enterthreetv/

Have I missed something?

she says on her site "be part of the show"

the idea of the show is about people social networking, which is in sorts what we do on here. "we are all here due to our mutual linking of all things Scott Mills & Radio-1 generally". her 'friends of the show' will make up the audience of the show.

I think Jono should sign up :)

:)

• 1 month later...

She is being touted as the saviour of BBC Three, a hip young presenter whose unique appeal to the internet generation will attract a new audience to the much-criticised digital channel.

But Lily Allen's late-night chat show might not be the huge hit Corporation chiefs are praying for.

During recording of the all-important first programme, more than a third of the studio audience walked out, saying they were bored and complaining it was "horrible" and "limp".

Yet Friday's recording at Pinewood Studios, Buckinghamshire, does not augur well for the series – especially as the 150 audience members had been specially invited from among Miss Allen's online "friends".

One of the fans who walked out said: "Everyone really, really wanted it to work for Lily. She is such a lovely person but all the jokes fell flat and she seemed very nervous. It just did not work.

"I do think she's got a nice voice but she didn't sing at all. I think everyone was expecting she would."

As well as her inexperience, Miss Allen had to fight technical glitches including a jammed Autocue, which left her reliant on handwritten cue cards.

One guest said: "We were all standing about, getting quite tired.

"She was halfway through her interview with David Mitchell when she seemed to forget the questions and launched into an attack on all the horrible things people had written about her on online chat forums.

"It was terrible. Even David Mitchell had to remind her not to criticise the very people who would be watching the show."

Miss Allen then showed a series of internet videos showing animals having sex. Cuba Gooding Jnr summed up the mood when he told the audience: "I don't know what's sicker, animals having sex or you clapping."

Another guest said: "We were all told when to clap and laugh but a lot of people, including me, were very uncomfortable. Much of the humour was very limp."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=513336&in_page_id=1773

I don't think its Lily's fault. a bit unfair to blame her, she has been through a lot in the past month, losing her baby & that scumbag of a boyfriend :x for leaving her.

"One BBC source said: "You have to have a brilliant wit and be a real quick thinker to handle a show like this. It's a huge responsibility for someone so lacking in TV experience.

"It's cruel to heap so much responsibility on one girl, especially at a time when she has had such unhappiness in her private life."

:)

It's been alright actually. I think the format isn't perfect, and the audience can be a bit annoying and I don't get the whole "bar" feature at the start. But for BBC Three it was nice to have a "live" element to it. Lily is very pretty too, and not a bad presenter. Can't see it being recommissioned though.

She is an attractive and intelligent presenter, but I'm afraid I found the whole programme a bit lame.

What was with those opened-up sofa bed seats too? David Mitchell looked distinctly nonplussed by the whole experience.

It seemed a little unoriginal too; dredging up youtube clips that we've all been watching for weeks.

Maybe it'll improve with time.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.