Unofficial Mills

Gigs and events you're going to in 2008

Emma

Yeah I imagine it was!! I had to get early entry tickets and that was stressful enough, really felt like chucking the computer out the window!!

Nah temperatures that hot, I should imagine arent the most plesant sleeping conditions, but anything mid 20's with a bit of sun will do me fine. Aslong as it doesnt rain as much as it did before last years festival, or during it... I'm happy :-D

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CancerForTheCure

My friend got his ticket off ebay for £200 about two hours before I got mine. He was not happy.

We should have a nice summer this year hopefully, I really don't want it to look like Glastonbury. Ah well if it rains I'm probably just going to drink myself to death... :P

I saw I Am Kloot last night, they were amazing. I've wanted to see them for about 4 years, since I first heard singer John Bramwell's voice on the song Proof. He has the most amazing voice ever. The support act, a singer/songwriter called Ferraby Lionheart (weird name) was pretty good too. I bought the new I Am Kloot album and John Bramwell signed it for me, and I also bought Ferraby Lionheart's album and got it signed, so altogether a pretty good night.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

- Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly at Dot to Dot on the Sunday (I have exams on the Tuesday and Thursday that follow that weekend, so we bought just Sunday day tickets and probably won't be able to see many bands unfortunately).

- The Futureheads which we just bought tickets for, should be really good, although my northern friend isn't happy that he's going with 2 southerners, what with Futureheads being fairly local to him as a proud northerner.

- The Hold Steady, if I can make it to Newcastle at the time, but I will try.

I'd really like to see Finger Eleven. They're playing Download on the Friday which I could potentially make but £72 is a lot to pay just to see one band. They're also playing a couple of supporting gigs down south but I'm really hoping they manage to play something round here as well.

Oh and Radiohead is now next month! So excited.

Is Creamfields a dodgey chav pill fest? Because Fatboy Slim are there!! I really want to see them haha

Its not as chavvy as it used to be but you certainly see a lot of people who are shall we say chemically enhanced as it's the 10th aniversary this year i'd imagine there'll be more chemicals than a branch of Boots. I'm allegedly going although I can't remember agreeing hopefully getting weekend hospitality Ticket for the price of a normal one.

Fatboy"Norman Cook" Slim is rather a good DJ and it's a great light show usually as well.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread but, The Kaiser Chiefs last night were amazing, Best song had to be Ruby or umm I predict a riot. The Enemy were really good too, their sounding was a bit bad and being near the back all you could hear was squeaky speakers at some point. Kate Mash was rubbish tbh, I mean she sounded like she was on 20x speed and sang very fastly and I was like you what sorry?!

Mark Ronson was the surprise guest Moylesy introduced, didnt have a clue he was going to be there but he played a few mixes plus Valerieeee. Young Knives were good and Friendly fire too.

There was a strong emphasise on football, Moylesy started off the chant/song whatever, you could tell he was very excited about today, as was everyone!

Ahh such a good night, so glad I went :)

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I always thought Kate Nash was rubbish, since I saw her live in January last year when I saw Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. On that note, I should hopefully be seeing Mystery Jets and Get Cape tonight. Mystery Jets are sounding good, they've got rid of the dad now. I like Get Cape's new album too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I must admit a broad smile to myself when I got in the car just after 1pm today and realised I'd timed it perfectly to avoid Danny! Just listened back to that earlier link, just horrific and what's worse is that Danny doesn't seem to have improved even vaguely since the first show. As Greg20 said, the show is being driven by a producer which makes the mess even less excusable.
    • The shows surely being driven for him so all he has to do is talk between the tracks and he can’t get even get that right 
    • I thought the same to that comment, the license fee is going on me babes 
    • What with Jamie Laing, now him. Is it time for a new Head of the station?
    • He also just said coming up we have brand new segment, I thought they were a band 🤣 how did this man get on Radio 1? Aled needs his head testing. It’s an insult people who deserve to be on the radio 
    • Of all the times not mention capital it's probably now? Jordan is flying on breakfast with chris & sian and there's a presenter on friday and saturday that doesn't know who a main r1 artist, tldp are. Mentions capital which surely has to be a big no no given recent events and then says the licence fee goes to me. Talk about vom. We can't have it on here no more as it's that unlistenable and I'm about to switch back for m&m, but this is a Maya Jama x50 level mess of a show. Forget fading the microphone down, the entire show needs fading down
    • As positives go, at least Danny said what the last song played was and upcoming song played was. Plus I guess in that link are perhaps ideas for content (asking listeners to come up with bands from things around them, things that have happened to them this week). That's where's the positives end. It comes across as no thought has gone into what Danny will say next. It gives me proper flashbacks to some Jamie Laing links (especially that one show where he was unexpectedly solo). It's ironic that for all the duos and trios on the station - the one show and DJ that is positively crying out for another DJ to help show them the ropes is left all solo. At least with Jamie Laing they learnt their lesson and he's not been left solo since.
    • How he was just faded out at the end of the link reminded me of the Oscars music fading you out 
    • RPReplay_Final1713612277.mp4   You’re welcome
    • At a time when Radio 1 has surely lost listeners to Capital at Breaktast you’d be trying to protect the station so people switch back.  Certainly yesterday I didn’t switch back to Radio 1 at all.
    • Was abysmal…Surely Danny can’t be a contender for anything permanent when the new schedules are locked in I.e Matt and Mollies slot 
    • Alexandra Burke creating the phrase 'Elephant In The Room' whooooooooo
    • Zane Versus.... Whooooooooo. Do You Do Fridays? WhooOOOooo.  
    • The Capital Breakfast show is right up my street so far - such a fun listen. You've both been great on Radio 1 and are sounding excellent again on Capital A few quickfire questions: You've both been part of some great pairings on radio and on podcast - what goes into making a duo or trio work and sound great on air? Also, Chris - were there ever any discussions about you moving over to Radio 2 with Scott or had the Global offer already come first? Also how do you both go about managing that split between your radio 'you' and the private 'you'? You share a lot on air but also there's some understandably some stuff you keep private (famously Jordan doesn't 'talk about those things'). And how do you make sure if you're having a miserable day or are a bit low that it doesn't come across too much on air?    
    • What a nightmare link at 11.15am this morning. Spent 30 seconds waffling about the name of The Last Dinner Party as if he’d never heard it before, then started mentioning Capital and the license fee, and how it’s been used to pay for him to be there, and was then cut off by the start of the next song.