Unofficial Mills

Gigs and events you're going to in 2008

Emma

Yeah I imagine it was!! I had to get early entry tickets and that was stressful enough, really felt like chucking the computer out the window!!

Nah temperatures that hot, I should imagine arent the most plesant sleeping conditions, but anything mid 20's with a bit of sun will do me fine. Aslong as it doesnt rain as much as it did before last years festival, or during it... I'm happy :-D

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CancerForTheCure

My friend got his ticket off ebay for £200 about two hours before I got mine. He was not happy.

We should have a nice summer this year hopefully, I really don't want it to look like Glastonbury. Ah well if it rains I'm probably just going to drink myself to death... :P

I saw I Am Kloot last night, they were amazing. I've wanted to see them for about 4 years, since I first heard singer John Bramwell's voice on the song Proof. He has the most amazing voice ever. The support act, a singer/songwriter called Ferraby Lionheart (weird name) was pretty good too. I bought the new I Am Kloot album and John Bramwell signed it for me, and I also bought Ferraby Lionheart's album and got it signed, so altogether a pretty good night.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

- Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly at Dot to Dot on the Sunday (I have exams on the Tuesday and Thursday that follow that weekend, so we bought just Sunday day tickets and probably won't be able to see many bands unfortunately).

- The Futureheads which we just bought tickets for, should be really good, although my northern friend isn't happy that he's going with 2 southerners, what with Futureheads being fairly local to him as a proud northerner.

- The Hold Steady, if I can make it to Newcastle at the time, but I will try.

I'd really like to see Finger Eleven. They're playing Download on the Friday which I could potentially make but £72 is a lot to pay just to see one band. They're also playing a couple of supporting gigs down south but I'm really hoping they manage to play something round here as well.

Oh and Radiohead is now next month! So excited.

Is Creamfields a dodgey chav pill fest? Because Fatboy Slim are there!! I really want to see them haha

Its not as chavvy as it used to be but you certainly see a lot of people who are shall we say chemically enhanced as it's the 10th aniversary this year i'd imagine there'll be more chemicals than a branch of Boots. I'm allegedly going although I can't remember agreeing hopefully getting weekend hospitality Ticket for the price of a normal one.

Fatboy"Norman Cook" Slim is rather a good DJ and it's a great light show usually as well.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread but, The Kaiser Chiefs last night were amazing, Best song had to be Ruby or umm I predict a riot. The Enemy were really good too, their sounding was a bit bad and being near the back all you could hear was squeaky speakers at some point. Kate Mash was rubbish tbh, I mean she sounded like she was on 20x speed and sang very fastly and I was like you what sorry?!

Mark Ronson was the surprise guest Moylesy introduced, didnt have a clue he was going to be there but he played a few mixes plus Valerieeee. Young Knives were good and Friendly fire too.

There was a strong emphasise on football, Moylesy started off the chant/song whatever, you could tell he was very excited about today, as was everyone!

Ahh such a good night, so glad I went :)

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I always thought Kate Nash was rubbish, since I saw her live in January last year when I saw Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. On that note, I should hopefully be seeing Mystery Jets and Get Cape tonight. Mystery Jets are sounding good, they've got rid of the dad now. I like Get Cape's new album too.