Unofficial Mills

Gigs and events you're going to in 2008

Emma

Saw Jimmy Carr on saturday, was the funniest thing I have ever seen, he is just so quick and witty to anything anyone says to him.

Got the feeling tonight, should be good, they were great when i saw them last time.

Also going to see Good Charlotte and Simple plan In April. Managed to get my hands on a Radio One Foo's ticket at wembley, result, cant wait for that one.

Also going to REM at Twickenham and Bryan Adams and Nickelback at the O2 later in the year, so nice and busy for me :D

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw The Feeling last night, they were great. :D Ooh, and I met the keyboardist from the support band, he was lovely.

I'm going to see Wicked tomorrow, does that count?

"Wicked" does indeed count, out of all the musicals I've seen I'd consider it the best. You're in for such a treat.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

• 2 weeks later...

We're going to see Andy Parsons (baldy Cockney off of Mock the Week) tomorrow night. Small venue, so should be good. I'm really pleased, as have had to cancel Paul Merton in May- I'll be in Spain for a Communion.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to the University's summer party/festival type thing. The headliners are Fun Lovin' Criminals, oddly enough. I keep having to remind everyone that they did that Scooby Snacks song. I like the song Beautiful by them as well, those are the only two songs by them I know, so it should be interesting.

Maccabees are also playing, they were good live at Leeds so I'm looking forward to that. Also got The Courteeners, Lethal Bizzle and Goldie Lookin Chain. It is quite a strange line-up and I haven't yet come across anybody else who has heard of all of them.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure
Ive got, hopefully Big weekend, Foo Fighters in June and then Reading festival in August, nothing else planned yet

Wheeeey I'm going to Reading :D Such a good line-up.

I'm also going to see the Pigeon Detectives in May. Chris Moyles says they are good live ;)

Guest CancerForTheCure
Cool, have you been before? If so where abouts do you camp... brown allllll the way!!!

Nah I haven't been before, I went to the Open'er festival which is not as big but quite good. And cheap :D So I'll probably take your advice as I don't know much about where to camp or how to survive :P My friend is coming over from Poland just to go to the festival with me :)

Awww. Well it depends what you like. (I have also made the assumption you are going for the entire weekend) Brown campsite has always been known as the party/mad campsite where people do all kinds of stuff but its a right laugh. They had an orange campsite last year that was supposed to be a carpark, that seemed a bit quieter in comparison. Join the reading facebook group and have a look around :)

Guest CancerForTheCure

Yeah of course I'm going for the weekend. When I booked the tickets I was more interested in the acts but now I see that the social aspect is even better. I have joined the group but I haven't looked at it properly yet. Brown campsite it is then :P

Guest CancerForTheCure

Oooh lucky you, booking Reading tickets was one of the most stressful events in my life ;) In the end I just gave up but then they released a new batch at midnight :) I was lucky enough to be on the Reading forum at the time. You don't want the weather to be too good - at Open'er it was 40 degrees. It was impossible to sleep in a tent.