Unofficial Mills

Ch-ch changes at BBC Radio 1

Ad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i could tell greg james' natural raw talent too, and i also knew jk and joel were leaving radio 1 in 2003 becuase i am so brilliant like that (!) etc...

Haha, well if I recall from Radio 1 message boards it was Iain sending in the suggestions to Andy Parfitt by e-mail. Did they go with your suggestions Iain? They don't seem to have got rid of Edith...

It feels like there's a huge case of Radio 1 being dumbed down for pre-teenagers.

according to Digitalspy online CBBC now covers only ages 6-12, with Radio 1's main target audience being 12-25.

Starting at age 12 is a bit worrying. Makes sense, hense- Dick and Dom, Fearne and Reggie etc.

I, like Iain, rang and (thats how andy likes to be called) and he told me all about JK and Joel's departure as well. The reason why I was saying they would replace Edith Bowman was just to double bluff you all.

With regards to why Moyles is starting half an hour earlier - I agree it is possibly to shorten Greg James' show a little, but I also remember Moyles saying a while ago now that when they first got the breakfast show he wanted it to start at 6.30, because he felt that was the traditional time for a breakfast show to start, but the bosses wanted it to start at 7.00 - as a compromise, they let him start at 6.55! So that could also be part of the reason behind the extra half hour.

WHAT THE bobobobo IS TEEN NIGHT?! SO BLOODY PATRONISING! SO, YEH, TEEN ZONE IS LIKE THE RADIO FORM OF 'MIZZ' MAGAZINE. F ACTUAL OFF!

Ugh, this makes a bad day even worse.

We know we're their funking target audience, they don't have to shove it in our faces.

And somebody, please tell me, why is Nihal still on? He's now been given a show. HE'S NOT FUNNY! HE'S BORING AND REPEPITIVE.

Why is Dance Antems being moved to Friday nights from 10 til 1? What is the point? Dance Anthems was the only thing that wasn't depressing on a Sunday night.

Chart: crap record number 1 for 10 weeks

Sunday Surgery: Everyone's really happy here

The Annie Mac internet crap: Oh, it's just so entertaining

Great, let me just go and self harm ready for the week ahead.

Fen and Bayles

Wednesday - 6pm

www.radiocabin.co.uk

WHAT THE bobobobo IS TEEN NIGHT?! SO BLOODY PATRONISING! SO, YEH, TEEN ZONE IS LIKE THE RADIO FORM OF 'MIZZ' MAGAZINE. F ACTUAL OFF!

Hahahah I have to agree with you there, I reckon it will be directed at the younger teenage audience...

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Yeah, I get the feeling that Radio 1 are trying to narrow their target audience quite considerably, they don't seem to want to appeal to people over about 25 any more. Which means that in just 6 short years I could be too old to listen to Radio 1... urgh. :confused:

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Well, for my 2¢ worth, I've mixed feelings about this news. I quite like Jk&J and I like what they bought to the chart show - somewhat more interesting than a straight 40-1 count. I've been catching the last 25mins of their show each morning since the radio comes on at 6.30 and although its ok, they always seem like they're on the rundown.

I think Greg James is fantastic - shame they're whacking him on at stupid o'clock when only milkmen and posties listen. Perhaps they'll get him to cover for Mills in the Afternoon. IMHO, I'd rather they ditched some of the female presenters - I'm bored of Jo, even though she does have a sexy voice, and would prefer if Moyles ate into her show rather than starting early. Edith is fun, but I think the format of her show is stale. And whilst Coxy is far more pallitable in the afternoons than ever she was in the mornings, really I don't give a flip what her and her daughter got upto on their adventures today.

I do hope as mentioned here that Dance Anthems is moving to Friday (didn't seem to indicate that on the timetable I saw earlier) - would make a great followup to Floor Fillers and Wonder Years.

And WHEN will they stop that sensationalist crap 'News Beat'? R1 looses a listener whilst its on (both at 12.45 and 5.45).

I like change at the station, it is needed. And I won't say too much about it until I hear/see it, but it seems to me as though Andy Partfitt's role of head of teens is playing a huge role in these changes.

Radio 1 at the moment has quite a cool image amongst friends and people at college. The likes of Moyles, Mills, JK and Joel, and so on. It was the likes of Fearne and Reggie that put them off. Now it seems Radio 1 is going down that route, a route that I believe that is already served by many other stations. It's not just this, it's always the way they'd always talk about each other. JK and Joel weren't just about chart show DJs and early breakfast DJs, Moyles and Mills always had stories to tell about them, and so on... I don't think you'll quite get the same banter going on like the current line-up.

Crikey...

JK & Joel - Radio 1 you should have put these on daytime, is it any wonder they want to do tv work if your putting them on at stupid o'clock and then teasing them when covering for mills...

Dance/ Rnb Nights... Jesus christ... say no more...

Teen Night - Don't make me laugh... How fluffing patronising... Looks like andy Parfitt is getting his own way with his own projects... convenient that he is both controller of this teen night and radio 1 on the whole eh?

Shame if the floorfillers go, i can't see it though to be honest, i just think it will be incorporated into scotts show rather than being separate show.

Greg James - Nice one mate, looks like the hard work paid off, just don't let them take you for a mug on earlies.

Dick And Dom/ Lie In - Hi my name is mike and i'm in primary school... GIVE ME A FLIPPING BREAK!?! They are ok on special events, but oh my god...

Chart - i agree with someone else who said they wil kill off the chart as with totp

Moyles: Cut a bit of that boring bints show out, who the hell will be up at 6:30?! Will moyles be up at 6:30?!

Request Show?! Wasn't that Annie Nightingales idea about 30 YEARS AGO?!

Some good moves Radio 1, but a lot of bad ones... If i wanted to listen to kids presenters on the radio i would listen to that cbeebies thing on Beeb 7 or watch the flipping tv channel... or tune into capital disney or some crap like that.

Whats next? Basil Brush signing an exclusive contract?! Stephen Mulhern joining? Blue Peter simulcasting from TV onto radio?

We're not all 12 years old, Mr's Parfitt and Cooper...

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

In answer to someones question yes I did advocate daytime shows for Nihal and Greg James on the radio one messageboard but I cant claim all the credit for yesterdays changes.

Meanwhile heres more good news for Greg James because Ive heard he'll be doing Scotts show for a couple of weeks while Scotts on breakfast,probably the first 2 weeks in october.Thgyis guy has a very bright future on radio one

I have to agree with Mike in the respect that yes they have been put on at stupid time and then teased. No wonder they want to move on. Their heart will always be in Radio so how knows, they'll probably become hot radio property now and will go on to be great!

507033771.183.1247039672.png

No I dont think there is any irony with Osborne giving advice. She's experience a lot herself, so she's more than capable of giving advice to others. Having someone like Kelly on Radio 1 will hopefully allow young people to relate to the show a bit better. It's certainly a better choice than Peaches F u c k i n g Geldof
huge shame that jk and joel werent given the support they deserved. big talent we were told but were just plonked in the chart show. rumours they were to do 1pm til 4pm must have been true, and must have fell through, as they couldn't have just employed them for that.

shame on the bbc for picking tv personalities over true radio talent!!

Agree with both of you and I have a question,what's the reason of keeping Trevor Nelson?:confused:

In answer to someones question yes I did advocate daytime shows for Nihal and Greg James on the radio one messageboard but I cant claim all the credit for yesterdays changes.

Meanwhile heres more good news for Greg James because Ive heard he'll be doing Scotts show for a couple of weeks while Scotts on breakfast,probably the first 2 weeks in october.Thgyis guy has a very bright future on radio one

Alright m'darling, give it a rest, no one really cares...

Very sad news to hear JK & Joel are leaving. Speaking as someone who has to start work at 4am I find their show very entertaining and the boys are great company.

I wish them every success in the future.

Does anyone know how Edith Bowman still remains at Radio One?

I'd rather listen to nails being scraped down a blackboard than her. So dull.

Cool site, guys.

We know we're their funking target audience, they don't have to shove it in our faces.

And somebody, please tell me, why is Nihal still on? He's now been given a show. HE'S NOT FUNNY! HE'S BORING AND REPEPITIVE.

You know you love nihal really *ducks* Its is slightly patronising to call it teen night agree but it could have been worse they could have been getting advice off the vacant waste of o2 that is peaches geldoff.

Some of the changes seem quite bizarre (dick & dom for JK & Joel) but i'm sure it will all come out in the wash and i'm glad they have given a slot to greg james and are slowly getting rid of fern (lovely though she is) &

reggie

Yeah, I get the feeling that Radio 1 are trying to narrow their target audience quite considerably, they don't seem to want to appeal to people over about 25 any more. Which means that in just 6 short years I could be too old to listen to Radio 1... urgh. :confused:
Oh dear that means I have but a year left, what happens then is it like logans run http://imdb.com/title/tt0074812/ where i'm suddenly decreed to old to listen and am hunted down by andy parfitt, if so can annie mac be in the jenny agutter role please ;)

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!