Unofficial Mills

The Exams Thread

Jono

I'm going to Nottingham! :biggrin:

I was up all night with my friends worrying about the results so I'm not very articulate at the moment. I got straight A grades, I'm still in shock. I just scraped an A in Latin, I am so happy, all those hours struggling with translations and literary techniques were worth it in the end. I also got As in Geography and Economics which I am happy with. I was predicted ABB, so it's amazing to have got AAA. I've also got an A in History AS so all together it's pretty good and I'm very happy. I cried when I saw my results, then stared at the paper in disbelief for about 10 minutes.

Very well done Lucinda :)

Note to Serin & Horsey : Beware, Lucinda is coming to town :razz:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to Birmingham Uni!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: Got an A for Spanish, an A for French, a C for Environmental Science and a D in Biology. But all I really cared about was the French and the Spanish, hehe.

Congratulations Helen, sorry, I've had no sleep, I forgot to congratulate you before going on about myself :-? I'm really glad you got what you needed. Most people I know got what they needed, it's such a relief, and now it's time to get stuff ready for uni and get ready for Freshers week! :biggrin:

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Wooo...

Trust Jono to come in last to say his crappy scores. I got a B for Psychology, a C for ICT... and an E for History. Oops. Oh well, I'm not going to uni anyway, and mine's AS. I ain't sure yet whether I want to do next year to be honest. Seems a bit pointless.

It's not that I'm disappointed in the scores themselves, it's just when people find it funny when you say your scores.

Wooo...

Trust Jono to come in last to say his crappy scores. I got a B for Psychology, a C for ICT... and an E for History. Oops. Oh well, I'm not going to uni anyway, and mine's AS. I ain't sure yet whether I want to do next year to be honest. Seems a bit pointless.

It's not that I'm disappointed in the scores themselves, it's just when people find it funny when you say your scores.

Well done Jono - a B in Psychology and a C in IT is still pretty good, you know. And at least you didn't fail History. It's probably more that I would have got if I'd taken them, haha.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

B in Psychology is really good, lots of people in my year completely failed Psychology at AS.

The benefit of AS and A2s is that you can do resits. If you resit strategically, you can get loads more marks and pull an E grade up to a C or a B or even an A, some people in my year have managed. I resat some modules where last year I just scraped a D, and this year I've managed to get As and Bs in the same modules, just with another year's experience. I wouldn't recommend dropping out of college, because full A2 levels may be important to you later in life, whilst AS levels aren't worth very much on their own. Many employers won't be impressed if you've quit college half way through. I'd say stick with it, do some resits in January, and see what you can come out with.

I don't know about your college, but where I went, it was possible to take up another AS instead of doing 3 A2s, but not advisable. From what I know of sixth form colleges though, 3 subjects in the minimum you can do. You'd may as well stick with history to get some kind of grade (unless you hate it as much as I did when I dropped it)

I would just carry on doing History, you can make up the marks easily next year, at AS geography I just scrapped an E, at full A level i was only a couple of marks of a C, maybe if I had retaken some modules from AS I could have got a C, but im lazy so didn't.

I also found the second year easier as you learnt how to answer the question properly, what to put and when to expand on it.

"Just one more game, I promise"

I would have thought he wouldn't want me on the course. He seemed pretty sure no one should be there just to make the subjects up.

Okay, well I'm gonna have to stay on, because we're benefit scroungers :P, and you don't get child benefits if your child drops out of education early... so... I guess I'll have to stick it.

Thank god I'm not in education anymore, but according to the college I went to, I am. I got a letter this morning telling me about the induction day for my course, which is the one I already did last year. They must have made a huge cock-up because my college mates have been texting me saying they got the same letter.

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

Well I buggered up my A levels cos of my crappy handwriting but still managed to get into Nott'm Trent Uni where I had a great time got some letters after my name and DJ'd all over the city. So no matter what you got you can still do something...

here endeth the lesson.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

The welcome party will never be ready in time at such short notice....

Haha. You have till late September to barricade yourself in your house :-p

Andy B, I messed up my GCSE English Lit because I couldn't write essays for that long. However, I got some educational psychologist last year to declare me illiterate and unable to organise my ideas, so the exam boards let me type my exams, which is brilliant for essay subjects, and also I get less stressed because doing an exam on computer is usually less stressful, as it's not in a big hall with everyone else, although I did some exams by hand still. Still though, there are some advantages to being labelled Special Needs :-?

Haha. You have till late September to barricade yourself in your house :-p

Andy B, I messed up my GCSE English Lit because I couldn't write essays for that long. However, I got some educational psychologist last year to declare me illiterate and unable to organise my ideas, so the exam boards let me type my exams, which is brilliant for essay subjects, and also I get less stressed because doing an exam on computer is usually less stressful, as it's not in a big hall with everyone else, although I did some exams by hand still. Still though, there are some advantages to being labelled Special Needs :-?

I'm sure I've already typed this. maybe forum playing up but when I was at college computers weren't in use that much. Windows 95 hadn't been released and they weren't much cop for things like that, it would have been a logistical nightmare.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

• 3 months later...