Unofficial Mills

The Exams Thread

Jono

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be sad Danni. It's not your fault that your dyslexia was discovered so late. I'm sure it's very frustrating, but with some necessary extra help next year, I'm sure you'll get what you want in the end.

Loads of students take a year or two out, so there'll be plenty of people of your age in first year when you get to Uni. :)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

So im back, I got BDDE! Im a bit ummm about it, but it was the exams that let me down!

Business-I got an A in both my courseworks and a C in my Exam=B

English-I got an C in one of my exams and two D's in an exam and coursework=D

Media-I got two D's and an E=E(which im really upset about)

Travel and Tourism-I got a C in my Exam and D in my Coursework

Im dropping travel and tourism because I hate it, and resitting English and Media, looks like its going to be an hectic year!

Im still though, very proud of my B in Business, we went through a change of teachers, one who we didnt like and couldnt teach, and just had one permanent one throughout the year with 2 alternating all the time!

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Hey everyone - well done for actually TAKING the damn exams in the first place!!! I hated exams!!

Like everyone else is saying - please don't fret too much if you don't get exactly what you want - sometimes you can do other things that you didn't originally have in your Grand Plan and they can work out for the best after all.

I remember getting my AS results back in the day... and I got an E for IT - the head of the department actually laughed at me and said "do you seriously think I'm going to take you on next year with those results?!" The only subject I did well on was English (got an E in French!) and so I took a one-year vocational Secretarial course so I could finish my English A Level. NEVER wanted to do the secretary thing but it was the only vocational course that lasted a year and I wasn't gonig to stay in college till I was 19 for anyone!!

Managed to get a D in English (the Literature exam was a farce, none of the questions were about anything we'd studied so that brought the overall mark down! Dammit!!) and passed all my exams with Distinctions in my Secretarial course.

Left college at 18 and haven't been unemployed for longer than 2 weeks in 7 years. I've even started to do what I wanted to do in the first place since I was 11 - write for a music magazine (unpaid like but I don't care, I'm still living my dream in a small but very definite way!) in my spare time - and you NEVER know where these things can lead.

So even though things don't always go to plan, somehow things will turn out okay and you'll still be employable, you'll still be able to earn a good living. It's totally not the end of the world - but maybe it might help to start thinking outside the box??

End of ramble. Well done to EVERYONE, whether or not you got what you wanted. Major kudos to you, I think you've all done brilliantly.

Give us the motivation, we can cause a sensation!

Oh my actual god...

German - A

History - A

Maths - A

Psychology - A

Polish - A

:woo:

I have never been happier!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:

well done :D what are you going to do with them ?

also here is two tracks that i think are relevant to peoples exam results & im sure Jo would have played this one today,

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As it is Oasis day tomorrow this one also has relevance,

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMazI2ROJXM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMazI2ROJXM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:)

Aw try not to worry Danni. I went to Uni with a girl who is dyslexic, like yourself her dyslexia wasn't picked up until later on but when she got the right help she did really well. Actually, she has recently been promoted to principal teacher in her school.

It might take you a little bit longer than you'd hoped but you'll get there!:)

:(

don't get upset, it will all work out in the end, as kizmok said try not to worry.

just try & keep your chin upthflower.gif

Guest CancerForTheCure
Well done Paula, that is pretty amazing!

well done what are you going to do with them ?

</EMBED>

Thank you :) My mum almost fainted :P I'll be doing Law at Nottingham Uni!

Guest CancerForTheCure
Congratulations! Oh and welcome to Nottingham - give me a shout if you need to know anything about the city or the University :)

Thank you :D I probably will as I have only been there once and I don't really know anyone in Nottingham. I wonder how many times I will find myself struggling to remember my way around the university! :)

Well done everyone! You all did really well! Mine were like this:

Media - A

RE - B

German - C

General Studies - C

Yeah, they look pretty average, but German was solid! I got an A in AS Media last year (100%, geek. Only one in the year to get an A in Media. Geekier.), so the pressure was on really. We had a new teacher and I struggled to learn anything from him; I used to get Cs and Ds in my essays so I figured I'd scrap a C if I was lucky. Anyway, I only needed two Cs and one B for Media and Radio, so I'm well in.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Thank you My mum almost fainted :P I'll be doing Law at Nottingham Uni!

:shock: a lawyer, hope it all goes well,

Paula is Legally Blonde :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acUFdP7N1vw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acUFdP7N1vw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OK, results breakdown for moi. Only just properly took it in. In less than 4 weeks I'm going to be at uni...

Biology: A

Mathematics: A

Further Mathematics: A

Chemistry: B

I'm beyond ecstatic about them. My further maths teacher ran up to me and gave me a massive hug. Thex don't tell you that further is impossible to get an A is because it's infinitely harder than core maths, which is seen as massively harder than most other A levels.

And I got straight As in all of my maths modules.. Straight 100s except a 97 in a mechanics module which I expected because it's my hardest module.

Cannot believe I got an A in biology. Got full marks for the human biology module. And I got Bs in the 2 modules that I was away for the last part of because my exam leave had to start a month before everyone else.

And I got a B in chemistry?! God knows what I would have got if I'd actually revised. Utter gutter I was only 3 points off an A. We were messed about with our teachers so everyone got Bs and Cs.

I'm so happy... Can't believe it...

Yeah, good luck to all you GCSEers for tomorrow. I was more nervous about them than any of my others because it was the first time I'd ever gotten any proper exam results.

You're probably not going to get any sleep tonight but try and distract yourself as much as you can so you have enough energy to celebrate afterwards.