The Exams Thread

Jono

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Quite a chunk of the forum have sat exams this years, and Radio 1 again, are sharing their tips.

I know the Scottish exam results are out on the 7th August, England and Wales are a bit later in the month, 26th maybe? And im not sure about Ireland. But, if youre worried, heres a few words of wisdom from the DJs...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Ec0hQxMgk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Ec0hQxMgk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQVwQdEYfo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQVwQdEYfo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwznnHD2kio"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwznnHD2kio" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Share your worries and woes.

And theres more videos here including a video blog from a radio 1 listener.

(Im assuming this will turn into a thread full of peoples worries, and eventually, results. So i'll keep it in the lounge for now)

Yeah, so who is awaiting exam results on here? I am awaiting my A Level results, but it's not as significant as my friends. They're all off to university so rely on them, and crapping themselves about it all.

I would like to come out of sixth form with something good and something to show for the last two years, but it's not going to dramatically upset me if I don't do as well as I'd hoped. The fact that exam results are now 16 days away does however scare me!

What about you guys? Awaiting A Level results? GCSEs? Considering university in September?

Im waiting on 5 Higher results (A levels). Im hoping ive passed them all comfortably, so my last can be a bit more laid back having got the grades i need for university, but unfortunately, i doubt it very much. I lost interest in about december.

I think i'll be revisiting a few classes. But we shall see on the 7th.

My GCSE Results come out on the 23rd August - so it means a 7am train journey to Newbury from Reading cos i'm at Reading Fest the day before - and i know i haven't done great at all and i think i will be lucky to get c's in any of my subjects. hopefuly i will be getting into college in september, which reminds me i need to talk to the course leader about doing a seperate exam within the college to assess my situation better, because before my depression i was in good sets for pretty much everything, but then i got depression and missed all my deadlines and what have ya.

But hey, like the DJ's said i know it won't be the end of the world if i don't get the results i want, and i'm expecting to not get the results i want. So i'm kinda open minded about it.

I think the English A-Level results come out on the 15th August, btw.

Good luck to everyone else expecting exam results,

Mike

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I'm quite happy that for the first time in three years I'm not awaiting any kind of exam results at this moment in time. But good luck to everyone here who is, the waiting's the worst part but I'm sure you've all done great. :D

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I'm waiting for my GCSE results too, but I have no idea when they come out over here. Anyone know? :confused:

I'm hoping for four C's, to get into the media course I want to do, but I don't think I'll get them. If I do, and that's a big if, I'll have just scraped them.

Good luck everyone!

I remember this time last year, I was terrified about results. Good luck everybody, I hope you get results you are happy with.

I got my results back in June, and they weren't particularly important anyway this year. Having to wait till August is horrible, but in a week or two or three, it'll all be over.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Well im waiting on my Higher results but considering my lack of classes this year im think im only waiting on 2, Modern Studies and Photography i cant remember if i done anything else?!

Ive already got into a photography course but tbh i could have probably got into it if i never had eyes ;)

My Advice: Dont worry about it, its too late to do anything now enjoy your summer .

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Oh im bricking myself already, I had a really bad dream about results the other night, so I dont really want to talk about it..

Ahh you'll be fine, I was worried like you for GCSE results, but you nearly always out exceed what the teachers expect you to get.

I'm waiting for 5 AS Level results and 1 GCSE.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

im the first to post on here that really will die if i dont get the results i want. well ok, maybe an exaggeration, but seriously, if i dont get AAB, then i wont get into my first uni and wont be happy :( cos i want to go to Bath!

English A-level results are the thurs 16th

GCSES are thurs 23rd

good luck to all. these exam results have to be the most nervewracking ones yet!

English A-level results are the thurs 16th
Oh I see, English A-Levels. I was then going say to 'when are mine? Bloody English students getting their own results day for one subject'. Then I realised you meant the country as opposed to Scotland or Ireland.

Oh I see, English A-Levels. I was then going to say 'when are mine? Bloody English students getting their own results day for one subject'. Then I realised you meant the country as opposed to Scotland or Ireland.

ha ha! not like i thought that when the other person said that...:oops: (sorry, cant remember who said that they were on the wed 15th)

I'm waiting on two GCSEs, haha. It wont be the end of the world if I fail either (who really needs RE and Stats?) but if I pass Stats and get higher than a B in RE I'll be as chuffed as two chuffed things.

Oh, you'll be fine in RE. I was predicted a B, but that got lowered to a D/E, because I didn't bother in class tests, but I ended up getting an A* overall in RE :)

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

My results are the 23rd, for my GCSE's. Just over 2 weeks away. I'm very nervous but at the same time I can't wait to just stop worrying about it and know.

I hope I get above B's in my english literature and language, also German.

I'd like to pass spanish and science at a C, because I've struggled loads with those two. I'm pretty confident about everything else though really.

I don't really know what we do? Like what time do we turn up at school and what not..?

You have to go to school for them?

We get them delivered, although i hope the postman wont be striking then. That would be most inconvienient.

The tuesday is approaching faster than id like. Im waiting for Maths, English, Georgaphy, Computing and PE - all for higher. The only one i know for sure that ive passed is PE.

Good luck to everyone else.

Yeah we go to school for ours. Otherwise it's another three or fours days before the school will be arsed to send them. You turn up to the exams lady, say your name, and they give you an envelope whilst your teachers quickly look through the list and judge you before you've opened them.