Unofficial Mills

Refusing to go shopping this weekend

Jono

My mum tried to drag me to Norwich today. How could she be so selfish. A city full of people queuing for miles for the 'Next' half price sale, and Harry Potter geeks? Christ, I think I'll stay in for the weekend.

Dont do it! No no no *shakes head* My mother, is crazy and dragged me out of bed at 7am to go to the next sale, I wasnt happy at all and it was like bedlam with loads of people fighting over stuff, literally.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I went into town at about 10am, and was surprised to see it busier than normal. It was full of old people though. I'll go shopping on Monday probably, since I want to go to Iceland, which doesn't open on Sunday, and Allders, which is currently closed due to flooding.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Still wish I'd not bothered. I went to the Next sale yesterday, and got home and found some dozy woman had left the security tag on my shirt, and I'd manage to get past the door without the alarms going off!

An hour of hammering and chiselling it came off, but meant it had to be washed as the hammer had left a mess on it.

Not impressed! It'd have been a pointless a hour journey to go back and get it off.

Still wish I'd not bothered. I went to the Next sale yesterday, and got home and found some dozy woman had left the security tag on my shirt, and I'd manage to get past the door without the alarms going off!

That happened to me yesterday stupid blooming debenhams.I did wonder why the alarms were going off a lot in various shops, the only store that took any notice was HMV much to the hilarity of the security guard as I work there(cue lots of bewildered shoppers staring at me).

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

Nah, students do charity shops!

Well, I used to.

I LOATHE clothes shopping... Have to be forced into H&M or Zara by female friends. Even then I just wander around looking sullen.

Are there any girls on here who dislike buying clothes? I have met very few in my life.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I went to Primark today for stuff for holidays, got some right bargins, I love it in there, and we've just been told that Harrogate are getting an H&M, that was quite a surprise but im sure it will go down with most people, the La senza sale is good at the moment too.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Are there any girls on here who dislike buying clothes? I have met very few in my life.

Me. I dont mind going clothes shopping, so long as i know what i want. But i hate browsing for clothes. I often am forced to go shopping with my sister if shes going on a night out or whatever, and she spends HOURS going in and out of the same 5 shops looking for stuff. I cant stand it.

She just forces sweets and fizzy juice on me to shut me up. I feel about 6.

I LOATHE clothes shopping... Have to be forced into H&M or Zara by female friends. Even then I just wander around looking sullen.

I hate clothes shopping. I am so bad at it. I hate shopping with girls, it's terrible. So inefficient and involves hours of wandering around while someone wants to get a new top, then hanging round all the shops while someone else chooses some shoes, going on till a shopping trip has taken up the entire day and I am knackered. I hate buying shoes especially. I mostly buy them in TK Maxx, because it's easier.

Going clothes shopping with boys is so much better. I am envious of how easy it is for boys to buy clothes, they just pick some £3 t-shirts from Primark in small, medium or large and they're sorted. It's really not fair. They are also good at helping me choose clothes without taking hours about it.

I am envious of how easy it is for boys to buy clothes, they just pick some £3 t-shirts from Primark in small, medium or large and they're sorted. It's really not fair. They are also good at helping me choose clothes without taking hours about it.

I wish. You get shops the same argument as with girls, a medium for one shop isn't a medium for another, and jeans with their stupid 'regular' 'short' 'long' and 'skinny fit' etc. I very regularly walk out assuming I've got something good and get home and find something is wrong with it.

Buying trousers is always a pain in the arse for me, even the ones that are supposedly my size don't seem to fit me. It's really difficult to find trousers that both fit me and actually look good on me... sigh.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

i didnt even know it was sales time. i'm that clued up! i generally like clothes shopping, but only when i properly need stuff. if not i don't like spending too much! i'm more prone to going on a biggish shopping trip and buying loads of things (most of which i need) rather than going for the sake of it and buying an item or so everytime i go up.

sales generally annoy me when they are way too busy. obviously reduction in prices is nice, but when i actually see something i like, they are completely the wrong sizes! my size generally goes quicker i'd presume then!

oh, and i actually HATE shoe shopping. im sure that would work as a good chat up line for the guys :-p

I find that some primark stuff can be a bit skimpy so I have to buy a bigger size, although some stuff like PJ bottoms(I bought 6 pairs today..)im ok with.

i'd say different personally. i suppose it depends on the style and item of clothing though. (ie. fitting into a size 8 skirt and jeans are two completely different things(no jono, not at the same time:p)). H&M and shops like that are the shops you generally go into and come out feeling worse :P since the sizes are different there! primark is better for me :-) altho maybe its cos i can have 8-10 which covers both sizes, whereas the other shops are less flexible.

another pet hate (although it doesnt happen anymore) is when you get the "inbetween sizes" which aren't right for you. Primark used to have them differently. They had i think 6-8 (or none at all like this?) and they definately had 10-12. The 10-12 was always too big, so on the rare occasion i'd find something smaller, it was too small!

we could all go on for a while with this im guessing :P...

I hate buying jeans most places. In TopShop you need to know your waist and leg length in inches, then choose Boyfit, or a whole load of jeans with odd names that are low-rise boot cut, ultra low rise etc. New Look is just as bad.

I only buy them in Primark or George, where they are 8 or 10 or 12, normal sizes. Boyfriend fit jeans are so pointless. If I want to wear my boyfriend's jeans, I will, except his would be a bit big for me. I won't spend £10 on a 'boyfriend' t-shirt in a womans shop when I can get one for £2 elsewhere (or free).