Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's new voiceover guy

lewebdalex

Hello There,

Does anyone know the name of the voiceover for almost all the ads for the Big Weekend. It's a guy with a quite strong accent from i don't know where.

Here is a clip from his voice : http://www.radios-fr.com/bigweekend.mp3

Thanks,

Alex.

That link has too many DJ voices to know who you're on about. A better clip would help.

I am inclined, however, to say Zane Lowe.

• 1 month later...

I don't think this new guy sounds very good. I liked the big husky voice of the bloke before. How long is it since Radio 1 changed their jingles? I know they've had new voices, but the whole package hasn't changed since the 'One Love, One Station, Radio 1' days, which must have been about 3 or 4 years ago now?

Sorry to be anorakky!

I like the "shove that up your telly hole" voiceover guy off of E4 - I expect he wanted too much money or something though.

He does work for Radio 1 on special occasions. Like the One Night With Laura, and New Year's specials.

I don't think this new guy sounds very good. I liked the big husky voice of the bloke before. How long is it since Radio 1 changed their jingles? I know they've had new voices, but the whole package hasn't changed since the 'One Love, One Station, Radio 1' days, which must have been about 3 or 4 years ago now?

Sorry to be anorakky!

Not too sure, but they have a unique thing running at the moment, with the 'ber der dum' sort of theme that you hear in the Newsbeat, Chart Show and Radio 1 events jingles. I don't think they really need changing, as they are regularly adding new ones in, and creating new bit over the latest records. The newsbeat jingles have only recently been changed.

The new guy is OK but he's not as good as the previous one. Radio 1 used to have great imaging, during the "One Love, One Station" days. If I remember rightly they used to have sung music4 jingles too which sounded good on air too.

I get a bit fed up of hearing the same thing over the endings/intros of songs. It's either:

- Radio 1 Podcasts - Download them at bbc.co.uk/radio1

- Listen Again at bbc.co.uk/radio1

- 1xtra - hear more on 1xtra, DAB, etc

For some reason the "Digital, FM, Online" strapline dosen't annoy me as much though.

Sorry about that rant, I hope someone at Radio 1's production department is reading ;)

it's a well known fact that the imaging was better 5 and 6 years ago. but i guess they had to change it around, people would of been complaning saying they were bored of it. as i said, it is better than it was 2 years ago though.

on the grid.

nah it has never sounded as good as back then to me. i always seemed to listen to radio 1 a lot when i was at school, it's a bit like the old itv news stuff, like the old news at 10. it was a lot more striking and so was radio 1.

on the grid.

Jodi was very drunk at One Big Weekend. They didn't even give him a guest pass, there were 8 year olds getting more backstage access than him. Compared to other voices that Radio 1 have used over the last few years like Stevie Cripps, Latham is very poor. The voice of the Station needs to be strong, it gives a sense of the station and really sets it up. I agree with Jono is saying. I mean, you have to be a famous actor now to even do vox on the Radio 1 imaging.

507033771.183.1247039672.png

I liked Stevie Cripps' voice. I don't think that the new guy Jodi has a strong enough voice and his accent sounds a bit out of place on a radio station that can be heard internationally. They needed a voice that was a bit more "neutral" so to speak.

When he says "wake up with Moyles, get home with Mills" he sounds like he's never heard of the two. I'll get used to it, but seems a waste to have got rid of the last guy who did a great job.