Bad weather across the UK

Jono

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yus. to be fair it is a big thing for me, never seen newbury flooded before.

My parents who work about 20 miles away are gonna have fun trying to get back home...

Edit 1631: HOLY F*CK! Aldermaston Primary School - the one where they are being rescued by boat - is my old primary school!! Is like 10 mins drive away!

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

These Manholes were outside the station building:

post-225-145327863159_thumb.jpg

post-225-145327863163_thumb.jpg

I then went furter into town, specifically, to Victoria Park and the Kennet And Avon Canal that runs along its southern edge:

post-225-145327863169_thumb.jpg

The water level is about 1 Foot higher then it should be, there is a weir just out of shot.

To compare it to Victoria Park on Tuesday:

post-225-145327863178_thumb.jpg

I WANT THE NICE WEATHER BACK!!

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I've had a pretty horrible day. I left the house at 11am and was soaked to the skin before I was half way up the road. It was quite eerie because it was so dark - the street lights were on and the cars had their headlights on. It felt like a wet January morning, not the middle of the day in July. By the time I reached my local train station, it was flooding through one entrance and trains to and from the south coast were being cancelled. The platforms were flooding and the rain was coming through the roof all over the place.

It stopped raining at about 12:30pm and it was bright sunshine by the time my friend and I had to wait for 45 minutes for a bus which didn't come and then walk for over an hour so I was able to dry off. I had trouble getting home because London Bridge was chaos with trains being cancelled and not being announced.

They took out the trees on the steep banks on the railway line at the top of my road and there's been a landslide.

There is more disruption on the London to Brighton line, with all lines blocked at Thornton Heath and two out of three lines blocked at South Croydon by a landslide.

I've had quite a day.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Well, our Mike's a posh one!

Oh, not just me that thought that then!

Its not rained here in a few days, and even then it wasnt that bad. Its bloody freezing though, which i would normally be complaining about, but having seen the news this morning, im quite happy with my chilly weather.

I was out in it for about 20 mins with street team shouting "anyone want a Lush times or Free shower gel" obviously attracted alot of people but we got soaked..

The shower gel sounds like it might have been quite useful for people, although lots of naked people soaping up in the street wouldn't have been very nice.

It was alternately sunny and pouring with rain today. There's a huge grey cloud in to my right and it's drizzling at the moment. It can't have helped the flooded people. Allders, the biggest department store in town, is closed because of the flooding, but their basement is quite prone to flooding.

Bless him! (Caution RH post included!)

Star dumps car to run 16 miles home

Richard Hammond dumped his car stuck in floods and ran 16 miles to be home for his daughter's birthday.

The Top Gear star completed the amazing run in two and a half hours in the middle of the night, reports The Sun.

It came just 10 months after he suffered a serious brain injury in a horrific 288mph dragster smash.

It had taken Hammond, nicknamed Hamster, 13 hours to drive from West London to Gloucestershire, where he lives, in Friday's storms.

But the devoted dad was determined to be there for daughter Willow's fourth birthday.

He abandoned the Porsche 911 Carrera in Cheltenham at 3am and set off into the night, wearing a pair of old running shoes he found in the boot.

He jogged through back streets of Cheltenham to the A40 and followed the main road to a country lane leading to his home in a hamlet near Newent.

Richard, 37, arrived soaking and exhausted at 5.30 before Willow awoke.

He said: "There was no way I was going to miss it. Luckily I had my waterproof jacket with me in the car so I decided to run the rest of the way.

"It was pitch black but I just put my iPod on and went."

twitter.com/emgreatorex

That story just goes to show that the only sure way of getting where you want to go is to walk it. Definitely true, with the amount of traffic and problems with public transport.

It's sunny today, but the rest of the week will be wet again. I wish the weather would sort itself out and be like today.

Bless him! (Caution RH post included!)

Star dumps car to run 16 miles home

Richard Hammond dumped his car stuck in floods and ran 16 miles to be home for his daughter's birthday.

The Top Gear star completed the amazing run in two and a half hours in the middle of the night, reports The Sun.

It came just 10 months after he suffered a serious brain injury in a horrific 288mph dragster smash.

It had taken Hammond, nicknamed Hamster, 13 hours to drive from West London to Gloucestershire, where he lives, in Friday's storms.

But the devoted dad was determined to be there for daughter Willow's fourth birthday.

He abandoned the Porsche 911 Carrera in Cheltenham at 3am and set off into the night, wearing a pair of old running shoes he found in the boot.

He jogged through back streets of Cheltenham to the A40 and followed the main road to a country lane leading to his home in a hamlet near Newent.

Richard, 37, arrived soaking and exhausted at 5.30 before Willow awoke.

He said: "There was no way I was going to miss it. Luckily I had my waterproof jacket with me in the car so I decided to run the rest of the way.

"It was pitch black but I just put my iPod on and went."

I saw this on the local newspaper today.