The Football Season 2007/08

John

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but i could of imagined him coming to us or spurs or blackburn. someone like that instead of a team that has only just come into the premiership. i'd still choose him above bloody downing on the left for england anyway, when joe cole cant make it.

on the grid.

what a great result for us, i thought at best a draw away at bolton. but 1-3, a great start. i think we have changed our formation over the summer, if we have a weak defence why try to use it? 3 at the back, 5 in midfeild and two upfront. or a 4 man midfeild with martins, owen and viduka upfront. happy days!

on the grid.

Forgot to mention a bit of Soccer Saturday cock-up comedy gold. After they had finished talking about the Sunderland v Spurs game they showed footage of both teams warming up on the pitch, then randomly showed a clip of Carlos Tevez when he was at West Ham. It was funny because it made it looked like Tevez was just randomly wandering about the pitch while both teams were training, Stelling's reaction was hilarious:

"What the hell is he doing there?!!" etc.

Also, I loved Kamara's Sven impression. Watch out John Culshaw

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

Thought United were pretty poor today, didnt seem to create much, and didnt take the chances we did have, not the greatest of starts but im sure this team has a lot more to come. Shame about Rooney's injury, hopefully he will be bak soon to strike up a partnership with Tevez.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

the football boots are like slippers these days, they are too weak. with all the attacking players that man u have i think they can still push on even with no rooney. but the problem is more so for england than united, he is going to probably miss all of the qualifiers. so we have a crouch and owen partnership upfront and i dont think that works without someone in support like rooney does when both crouch and owen are on. i'd try and draft in someone like ashton or alan smith and use them, just take lampard off if he plays crap (no doubt the way things are right now he will). and say put smith on in support of the strikers.

on the grid.

i forgot that crouch is suspended as well. i can't believe he has even got booked to begin with. must of slipped my eyes. i can see us bringing in alan smith if owen makes it, and use him as a link up player. putting the likes of defoe and owen together is too much of the same thing i think. two players waiting in the 18 yard box and no-one linking up with the midfeild. it's kind of worrying with no john terry at the back though, chelsea only looked half there yesterday. this is the whole rundown of who is out:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6944281.stm

owen seems the most likley to make it but is it worth risking anything or anyone against germany?

on the grid.

Spurs havent made the greatest of starts, another defeat tonight at the hands of Everton. Everton have made a good start though!! Leeds are through to the next round of the Carling cup and looks like Southend are too!!

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.