Unofficial Mills

The Football Season 2007/08

John

we wouldn't of got anywhere if we got there becuase we wern't good enough.

to be honest if we want to go to the world cup (which is more important) things needed a shake up. in this form we have no chance. this is what we got for having a manager that learned his trade with scotland. there is capello interest i heard.

on the grid.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we wouldn't of got anywhere if we got there becuase we wern't good enough.

to be honest if we want to go to the world cup (which is more important) things needed a shake up. in this form we have no chance. this is what we got for having a manager that learned his trade with scotland. there is capello interest i heard.

And under arguably the best manager in club football ever. I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves :P

I'm sure Capello doesn't speak a word of English so that may be a problem. According to Sky Sports News, Harry Redknapp hasn't ruled himself out.

Also, surely there has to be some sort of Home Nations tournament now?

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

i think a massive part of the problem with the england team as well is the media. especially the tabloids. and an example is this:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7106969.stm

Bilic, a former West Ham player, went on: "I read in your papers that no Croatian would start in the England team - that's ridiculous, wake up.

"There is no non-Englishman who loves your guys more than I do but there are good players in small countries as well.

so that means papers like the sun are making a bad name for all us english. they dont take into account the normal persons opinion. that we couldn't take them lightly becuase of how good they are, but we have some good players and could beat them if we tried. but b*stards like the sun try to make out that we think we can beat anyone when we think quite the opposite infact, especially right now.

on the grid.

Its a shame because it would be interesting to see which Manchester United player would be the scapegoat for England getting knocked out in the quarter/semi-finals.

I take it Martin O'Neill is the top choice to replace McLaren?

Wasnt a United played on the pitch last night. We were truly awful, no excuses!!

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

we had our two best centre forwards out and our two best centre backs. and our two best full backs (richards probably will take over neville soon though). but if they would of all been fit we still would of lost. there is no doubt as individuals they are top players, but they all seem to think the same.

what cost them the first two goals cost them croatias third, they tried to play for a draw against a team that is 10 times better than england as soon as they got on level terms. after they had crouch's very lucky goal and a penalty that never should of been, they sat back and let them pass the ball around and you could tell they were going to find a way through.

on the grid.

I think bringing back the home internationals back is a good idea but i dont like the dates the games will be played, february, march and may.

From my point of view that will increase fixture congestion at a time when rangers will still be in europe [feb,probs march and hopefuly may lol] and it will be coming to the end of the scottish season with many of the rangers players playing for scotland it could effect the outcome of competitions in scotland and england if they get involved.

Can you really see Chelsea being ok with letting lampard, cole and terry play in pointless international matches within days of crucial champions league and premiership matches?

well if there is a massive terrorist attack in london later that will round of the scots' greatest day in fashion. - Thats a shocking thing to say.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

i think the English fa should try and sign up big Alex MacLeish before the sfa offer him a new deal. if he can do what he has done with the Scottish team just think what he could do with England's "super stars"

yeah but you have to remember, it was really Walter Smith and Ally McCoist that put in the groundwork, Alex McLeish inherited the team when they their confidence was on a high.

As for the Celtic cup contest I reakon it sounds a good idea, not overly fussed if England take part or not, it means Scotland has more chance of winning something :D

yeah but you have to remember, it was really Walter Smith and Ally McCoist that put in the groundwork, Alex McLeish inherited the team when they their confidence was on a high.

As for the Celtic cup contest I reakon it sounds a good idea, not overly fussed if England take part or not, it means Scotland has more chance of winning something :D

i im a ger and believe what you say is true i love Scotland and rangers

ihave been ol ova t world wit scotland and me mate has me going to Madrid on wednesday to watch Aberdeen (if that doesnt cover me for all scotland pish what dose) ital be a good laugh i cant wait cum on big eck i hope he never leaves us

mclaren for scotland, who's laughing now? paul jewel is a fool, why not take wigan back who had a better chance of stopping up?

no chance, Gordon Smith said it is likely to be a Scotsman, looks like McAllister is in the frame, as is Billy Davies who was recently sacked by Derby, definately dont fancy having Graeme Souness in charge of the national team, dont think he has the ability to take Scotland a step further or even keep them at the stage they are at.