Unofficial Mills

I have tickets... and a coursework deadline!

Jono

What would you do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Complete A Level coursework for Monday
    • R1's Big Weekend
    • Suicide

A massive coursework deadline on Monday that is already an extension, or Radio 1's Big Weekend?

This is like the worst decision of my life. I have always wanted to go to one of these events but if I screw up this coursework I won't be able to go to university.

Being older, I should definately be saying to stick with the coursework. But in this case I just can't... You've been trying unsuccessfully all week to get tickets and now have the opportunity to go (admittedly very last minute and out of the blue). I don't think you should miss out... In my opinion, you should go.

I think it depends on a few things: if you'll lose any marks for handing in your coursework late, how much work you have left to do, if the deadlines are flexible, how much it'll cost to get up to Preston (and stay there?) and if you can afford it.

If it was me in my current situation, I wouldn't go. I've got exams next week (including one at 9am Monday morning), if I fail these exams it'll be a waste of a LOT of money. Plus, I don't actually have any money to spend at the moment. :( (All donations are welcome! :P)

Oh, and when I saw the title of this thread I though it was about the song, What would you do? I think it was by City High. Old skool! :P

What time is the coursework due on monday???

Go to the Big weekend and then do the coursework on monday morning, if i can write a dissertation in a night, im sure you can manage a piece of coursework in a few hours :) Go for it Jono :P

* Jamie would not like to be held responsible for the choices made by Jono, if Jono goes on to fail the course Jamie will have no liability :)

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

Not quite 10,000, it was around 8,000. Word count was 6,000 to 10,000 so its all good. It fails to be seen if it has passed yet though, im pretty confident.

It may sound silly, but my best work is done under pressure, if i try to do stuff before the last minute, i dwell on it and confuse myself. THe majority of my assignments over the last three years havent been started till the due date or the night before.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

The thing is I would have had to set off at 4am and wouldn't be back till Monday afternoon. It's a real pain, and I know this is going to be the biggest mistake of my summer by not going. It's a bit of a nuisance, as I said to myself if I got tickets at the start of the week I'd work my arse off to complete the three months work I'm behind.

I will now feel crap for the next month at least I imagine. But I know if I've not completed the coursework I won't enjoy myself. Sigh, wish my life was straight forward...

I did wonder this, but I'd have to set off at 3pm on Saturday as there's no morning trains to Preston that would get me there before 12pm. I'd still probably miss the coursework deadline too, as I wouldn't be back till after school monday.

Usual e-mail address if you're qualified in ICT and want to do it all for me...

Aww you'll be gutted to miss it after all that! Can you not pull a sickie on Monday and hand it in Tuesday? Would you get in lots of Trouble?

I would. It's already the final extension from the exam board, it has to literally be marked and sent off the next day. You must be pondering as to why I asked for tickets in the first place, well had I have known I would have worked extra hard and skipped work this week to get it all done... didn't expect tickets on the 11th hour.