Unofficial Mills

eBay and Radio 1

Ad

Good to see there is a badcode system in place but will it stop people buying tickets from eBay? I like how some of the DJs on Radio 1 have mentioned about eBay and the tickets, usually you see stupid bids after Moyles and Mills have mentioned it. I saw a bid for £9,999,999 the other day.

obw.gif

At least Radio 1 have put some thought into and move away from tickets one day. I still thinking Radio 1 should consider sending tickets to mobile phones and scanning the barcode at the event. That way you can't really forward the barcode on another phone and therefore hopefully stopping people making a profit from 'free' tickets

I was reading an article in BBC Ariel earlier, it goes like this:

'Free' Radio 1 tickets go on sale on eBay

With a line-up that include the Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight and Scissor Sisters. Radio 1's One Big Weekend was always going to be a hot ticket. Nearly 500,00 people registered online for a pair of the 35,000 tickets free passes to the event in Preston this weekend - and now some are on eBay.

MP Shaun Woodward, Creative Industries Minister, has asked the online action site to remove the sellers. 'Ebay should stop selling the tickets,' he says. 'The artists are not making money from this free event, so why should the touts?'

Radio 1 Controller Andy Parfitt has also been in touch with eBay. 'My view is very simple, Radio 1's Big Weekend is a free event stage by Radio 1 and paid for by Radio 1.' he says. 'The tickets are free, the registration process is robust and the tickets have never been for sale. I asked [eBay] not to sell our tickets because I thought it wasn't in the spirit of the free event.'

Radio 1 have barcoded all tickets and says that ID will have to be presented at the entrance to the event, although osome canny eBay sellers are offering to throw in fake ID with their sale.

As of Monday, 37 pairs of ticket were listed on eBay, raning in the prices from £30 to £100,100 (which we assume is a joke).

507033771.183.1247039672.png

I think Radio 1 deal with the tickets in a way that they bring it on themselves to be honest. I don't see other free things being stopped from going up online, so to be honest don't think this should be any difference. More fool them who buy the tickets.

Surely there is no way of them checking every single ticket against an ID? Also it does make it a bit unfair on the poor mugs who have spent hundreds of pounds on a ticket if the get refused entry so have then lost out on going to the gig they wanted to go to and lots of money to boot?

glitzy.jpg