Unofficial Mills

frozen indigo angel is crap!

i agree with the title, i know one big weekends there thing but its over with, if we wanted to hear more of it we could listen again or watch on the red button thing. And frozen indigo angel....... i dont care.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Haha, get the pitch forks, we'll march on Great Portland Street!

No, I did get tickets. Unfortunately I didn't get any till Friday night, and subsequently I took the choice an ICT deadline on Monday was more important. Had I have known earlier nothing would have stopped me.

Hmmm... One believes that not one but two angels from the north appeared early last week and were ignored.

The whole point of one big weekend is not to give tickets to those who love the show the most but to those in the local area that don't usually get big music festivals. You have to remember millions of people all listen to radio one and apply for tickets and only 30,000 can go. So most people are bound to be disappointed. As for FIA, some people love it and got really into it...they're doing something a bit different for a different type of audience. I think its brilliant that radio 1 are trying to encourage and array of different types of listeners.

The whole point of one big weekend is not to give tickets to those who love the show the most but to those in the local area that don't usually get big music festivals.....

Living near a festival doesn't mean you get to go - Reading residents don't get priority for tickets and in fact have no more chance than anyone else of getting them.

I'm not saying local priority for obw isn't a good idea - I actually think it is. Just saying the rationale that the festival is for an area that normally has no festival is incorrect as those of us in the areas of the other festivals generally don't get tickets to them, and certainly have no better chance of getting tickets than any other person in the entire UK.

UM is a nice place

thats not true...those living in very close proximity to leeds and reading get free tickets (noise pollution and shizzle) ey radio one take the biggest selection of free tickets from area codes closest to the event...its a completely different festival which started for different reasons to that of leeds..plus..reading and leeds certainly aren't free..actual fact

thats not true...those living in very close proximity to leeds and reading get free tickets (noise pollution and shizzle) ey radio one take the biggest selection of free tickets from area codes closest to the event...its a completely different festival which started for different reasons to that of leeds..plus..reading and leeds certainly aren't free..actual fact

If you live right by Richfield Avenue maybe you get tickets to compensate for noise I don't know. -

I agree it's a different type of festival and I'm in favour of the local priority thing - just saying it isn't true that Preston people can't get tickets to other festivals or that people nearer to them necessarily can.

The reason for choosing Preston or wherever, as you say, is a completely different one - it's a free festival for people in a location that Radio 1 chooses because Radio 1 thinks more music should be available in that area.

Also there <i>were</i> a lot of laminates and wristbands but there always is a guest list at gigs and festivals and I don't think that's a problem myself. Just my opinion, of course.

UM is a nice place

dont take this one personally mary love but is it then fair for a lot of tickets to go out to so many radio 1 employees friends

the amount of friends and family members I saw with laminated passes was crazy ....

507033771.183.1247039672.png

hey im just trying to give radio 1 a break..i agree with monitorabbit...i think its a brilliant event and the fact that its for free and none of the artists get paid to play is very rare. i've ony been to the weekend once but i loved hearing it on the radio in previous years just to hear good music. yeah radio 1 do give tickets to family and friends but pretty much every event like this organised is similar...its still a pain in the ass for staff to get extra tickets though...trust me...