Unofficial Mills

Do you find the British embarassing abroad?

KingTutsWWH

Haven't lived in the UK for quite a few years, but wonder if British people on the lash behave as badly at home as they do here. Don't even want to start on Ibiza! Which everyone pronounces incorrectly by the way.

Admittedly Torremolinos isn't exactly 'des-res', 'Location, Location' territory (I have no choice as to my location unfortunately), but my Spanish mates down here aren't particularly impressed by British holiday-makers.

Was in Prague a while ago, and they aren't too keen either.

It isn't so much the drinking - that's to be expected (and hoped-for) on a holiday. It's more their pretty agressive attitude.

Afraid the English seem to be the worst, Scots come off pretty well, and the Irish are jellybabies by comparison (compliment). Maybe 'cos they have the Euro (just a thought). Haven't come across too many Welsh (apart from in La Nogalera, think Dafyd, Little Britain).

Also why do British people want a 'Place in the Sun' if they aren't prepared to integrate with or even learn the language .....in the sun? There seems to be so much opposition to immigrants in the UK, but that's what I am in Spain - an immigrant. Have learned the language, pay my social security and have a few Spanish friends.

Won't go on any longer, as this is one of my true bugbears, and I'll become annoying.

Any opinions?

Nx

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I remember when I was at a pub in Barcelona a few years ago and this bunch of drunk louty English guys started slagging me off for wearing a Man U shirt and the fact I was Scottish. I asked them who they supported, they said "Portsmouth", I laughed and then they got chucked out. I then laughed again.

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

Think you've hit the nail on the head!

Apparently you're supposed to show your true personality when you're mingen. Pause for thought... I'm too talkative, very (perhaps overly) friendly, a bit dippy, slightly clumsy, somewhat saucy and highly-intelligent and amusing to myself (and fortunately a few others - they're bladdered too though).

Nx

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.