Unofficial Mills

Scott In The Mornings

Good Mornin' all!

I've been a long time lurker and decided I'd post my thoughts about Scott filling in for Chris over the past few weeks....

I used to listen to Chris Moyles in the afternoons when he was with Dave and Will and found him brilliant. Wasn't sure what Scott was doing back then. When Chris moved to mornings, I initially thought it was great and it was for a while. However I've found more and more than whilst driving to work, I've been reducing the volume more and more to get away from the awful music and the inane and frequently more patronising talking parts. There are parts that still make me laugh but just less than previously.

For the past few months, I've started to realise that Scott is actually far more entertaining than Chris on so many more levels. I think the start of this was when the whole Laura phenomenon started with the diary and the date contest.

The recent weeks when Scott has been doing the morning show, I've found that I've been laughing much harder again (the best solution for thinking about going to work!) and really enjoyed it. It'll be sad when Chris and that moronic quiz Celebrity Tarzan comes back. Celebrity Growler is a far superior quiz! ;-)

I've decided I'd much rather have Scott on in the mornings and banish Chris back to afternoons. I presume with this being a Mills fan site that most will be of the same opinion?!

Cheers!

Scott on breakfast permanantly? I dunno. I mean, I love it and all, but I'd miss most of the show due to school and stuff. That's why I like Chris on mornings, I don't mind missing some of his show, but it keeps me entertained while I get dressed.

Welcome to the madhouse, by the way! :D

Ooh, almost forgot, come on down and join us in Your Views. It's quiet today, so you'll have more chance of keeping up!

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=6522

Anyway, hi there!

I think you're possibly right... but we're basing this on two weeks of shows. Sure, it soon gives us an idea of what some DJs like Nihal are like, but as for Scott? I'm not so sure. Although nothing gives me the impression there was weeks of preparation for it, I still think they could have easily planned all this weeks ago, and so it's difficult to say he'd be this good on a daily basis.

Scott is good in the morning, he does put a lot of effort in to it, and the music and chat balance is quite enjoyable.

As for whether or not I'd like Scott to move to mornings? I wouldn't. This website would lose it's spark and despite the fact plenty of us log in during mornings to chat about the show, it's not the same as having every one on in the afternoon, and there's so much more you can do in the afternoon. For example innuendo bingo, and your brain works a bit better! Everything has to be done the day before, which isn't the same.

It's a ramble for this early in the morning... but what do you say?

Hmm, some fair comments there. I must admit that having Scott on in the afternoons does makes it more accessible for people to listen, just seems a shame that Scott's obvious talents aren't put to more use on the 'prime time' show. As long as I get to hear him at some point in the day I'm happy! He's definitely stepped up to my personal favourite DJ ahead of Moyles now.

I like it the way it is because i can always listen to scott, i like chris but only in small doses. but it is a good point scott could do very well im the morning slot but i seriously doubt radio1 would consider moving chris moyles

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Lets face it...Scott WILL replace Chris on Breakfast and I think it may be within the next 12 months. Moyles has been doing the show for 3 years now. After 3 years, its bound to lose its spark- from September he will be the longest serving Breakfast DJ since Simon Mayo! The only thing I worry about is whther BBC management will stick Scott on Breakfast with someone "Famous" like Fearne Cotton. Its probaly going to happen since Scott isn't THAT well known- 1998 they did wiith Kevin Greening and Zoe Ball.

I like listening to Chris in the mornig, i find what he does funny and good radio. But i dont get to listen very often at that tme, if i do its not for the whole show. If scott was to move to breakfast permanently then i would rarely got to listen to his show, so I like scott in the afternoons then i get to listen to most of his shows.

Although scott is definatly capable of being a brilliant breakfast DJ, he shows that when he fills in for Moyles.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

How GOOD was it to have Scott in the morning?

Missed the other guy...you know, normal morning presenter...um...pretty well-built, not too much hair...Hmmm, It'll come back to me...

Must say how fantastic it's been to 'Wake up with Mills', instead of next to that other lardy character! What's his name?

Have to download Scott the next day normally; work the same hours he does (and some).

Have been naked at the VERY beginning of the show every day, but live in Spain, so can't get in touch - at least I'm a lot warmer in the buff than you lot!

THANK YOU Scott, for managing to endure the past two weeks of dawn-chorus radio, sure it wasn't much fun for you. I enjoyed every minute though. Brilliant shows! Gracias too to Chappers and Laura.

Welcome back Chris! Something I have noticed is that: generously proportioned tanned people look at least 2 sizes smaller than pallid white ones. New wardrobe time matey! Hear you on Monday!

Nx

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Think Scott would have a nervous breakdown if he was put into early morning slot permanently.

He is a beautiful fragile little flower that needs to be nurtured.....and have a long lie in. Only in an environment such as this, can he thrive, and ENTERTAIN us! Although I would personally rather wake up to him (even though I'm not his type), I think he'd prefer to leave the early mornings to chubby.

Think Moyles is great too though.

Nx

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Morning Jono,

Yes, I know. Time moves on though, none of us are as young as we used to be etc etc; besides who enjoys waking up that early in the morning? Especially if they have to be 'perky, perky, perky' for 3 hours.

I should know: teacher!

Absolutely no slur intended regarding Scotts mental health. Just trying to look after him.

Natx

Yes, just you!! :rolleyes: FYI - This is a Mills "FAN" Site :x

All opinions however are welcome.

I would have agreed with the poster about the second week, the element of surprise had gone, but what kept it going was the video content which gives you something extra. I think this week they did feel like they were trying too hard or had just ran the juices dry, but I knew I had to give it till the end of today's show before making judgement. And I was right to, as today's show was a good one to finish the fortnight with.

I do like how they go all out for Scott on breakfast. The video content especially, and Scott has a daily podcast too. It makes you wonder why they've not given Moyles all this stuff, whilst he's stuck in the stone ages slightly with 'video blogs'.

What I think would have been welcome would have been a half hour of old music at some point this week when the banter seemed to be running out. Overall though a very impressive stint.

instead of giving people an overenthusiastic welcome and writing an essay to their question. i will just say that scott may lose a bit of his edge if he went onto breakfast for good, like moyles did. it would be better for us if he stopped in the afternoons but fans of chris moyles probably wouldn't mind seeing a swap becuase they regard moyles better on afternoons. i simply think it's the production on moyles show, no-one can beat greyhead.

on the grid.

The only fear I have is if one of the team goes. It's bound to happen sometime in the future. Will Laura always want to be an assistant producer? Etc. I think that could all effect the show.

I agree. The team is what makes the show and that's not just on Scott's show, Moyles is the same. I think that's why I don't listen to Jo or Edith that much, their shows are missing the banter and chemistry that both Scott and Chris's show have.