Swearing

Lucinda

Do you swear?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swear?

• Yes
    • Yes, but I try not to
    • No, not at all

One of the strange things about radio versions is the way graphic descriptions of sexual conduct in hip hop songs are allowed but mild language such as b*tch, the n word (despite being used in a friendly way by one black person to another) and the words for body parts are not allowed. This puzzles me. If I have a 5 year old in the car and the words "going to make you spring a leak, turn the mattress, change the sheets.." come on, don't these require even more explanation than as to why it's impolite to call someone a female dog?

UM is a nice place

Once I swore infront of a customer at work. I think I hurt myself somehow (something that happened pratically every day!) so I said "Ow, bollocks." Then I realised what I said and said "Oh sh1t, I can't believe I said that!"

Oooops! :oops: Thankfully they just laughed and told me not to worry about it!

I was brought up with a constantly swearing mother and a dad who swore when angry... I can feel this being passed onto me now :-?

But I have catchphrases and things I say to my mates what really make them laugh - watch out I can get very angry and they sometimes laugh at the bad language.