Unofficial Mills

Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Monitorabbit

I didn't think anyone could replace Mark Lamarr on the Buzzcocks. He was a VERY hard act to follow.

What happened there? Does anyone know why he left the show, or was replaced?

Sceptical when Simon Amstell took over - but he's a maestro! I adore the programme under his reign (sorry - queen pun). He's such a bitch! Thought he was a little harsh with Amy Winehouse, but seems they're friends and he worries about her possibly.?

CAN'T WAIT 'til the new series. Will get my Bill Bailey fix in a minute though on Johnathan Ross.

When is it coming back?

Nx

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mark just felt like taking a break cause hasn't he presented it right from the start which is like from 1996 or something? So yeah he wanted a break and he wanted to focus on other projects but I personally haven't heard anything of him at all since he left I don't think!

I was a bit unsure of Simon at first, I think it took him a little while to get a feel for it,as it was a big pair of shoes he had to fill! But yeah I think he was totally the right choice to take over. He's amazin'!

And Bill said on JR tonight that it would be back later on in the year! Yay!!!

~*~Glory Glory Man United~*~

Can't wait for new series. Couldn't pay attention to Bill on JR tonight - my mum rang!

Don't blame Mark wanting break, but Bill and Phil have been there from the beginning too...

Have a v strange feeling Mark presents something on Radio 2 - might have imagined it though. Gonna have a look.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Whoo go me ha ha I'm hardly ever right so allow me to relish this please lol

Everything about Bill is just comedy. He just looks so odd and weird it's so funny! lol

Is it wrong that I used to have a crush on Mark??

I watch Daily Cooks on ITV1 ha ha

Is it wrong that I used to have a crush on Mark??

:oops: Not that I do or anything...

I love Buzzcocks and Bill Bailey is properly amazin'. Everything I've ever seen him on has been hilarious, but I need to YouTube the Jonothan Ross interview, since I missed it tonight. :(

:o Oooh that makes me feel so much better lol I'm forever being slagged off for my taste in men,it's a bit unusual I'll be honest!

My sister saw Bill live a while back. She was so excited to go but she said he wasn't very funny that night! Ah well!

Nope,

I did too and met him.

Long story, but I notice you're from Glasgow.

Went to Uni there 91-95, my flatmate Wendy on Cecil St was going out with ML (briefly). So obviously when he was in Glasgow I blagged an intro to Steve Coogan who I adored at the time, was told he liked blondes, so thought I'm in there. SC might be funny, but HMMMMM.

Nx

• 1 year later...

Comedian Bill Bailey, the long-running team captain on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, is leaving the BBC2 music panel show after 11 series.

Bailey's place on the show, which returns early next month for its 22nd run, will instead be filled with guest captains from the worlds of comedy and music including Frank Skinner, Dermot O'Leary, Jack Dee, Johnny Vegas and Bob Mortimer.

Music producer Mark Ronson will take Bailey's position for the first episode of the new series.

The show's producer, TalkbackThames, said Bailey - who has been on the show since 2002 - had decided to stand down because of other work commitments.

"After 11 series selflessly, heroically and hilariously captaining one side on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, other commitments have sadly led to Bill Bailey being unable to take part in the forthcoming series of the hit comedy pop quiz," the show's spokeswoman said.

As well as acting as team captain, Bailey also appeared twice as a guest.

In the last series, Bailey was replaced by fellow comedian Noel Fielding as team captain for three episodes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/sep/18/bbc.television1

oh, thats such a shame :(

I hope eventually he'll be replaced properly by Noel Fielding, rather than guest Captains each week, he did a good job keeping us laughing when Bill Bailey was absent last time

:(

Yeah, really enjoyed the ones where Noel Fielding stepped in.. he seems right for the show

The poster formerly known as Robbo

Noel Fielding did okay as a host, but it turned into three episodes of Noel loving, and yeah, he has a real lack of music knowledge.

Bill Bailey is just a genius with his comedic talent and really good at the piano.

Mark Ronson will be interesting on it, he was okay as a guest, apart from Amstell's constant jibes about Amy Winehouse.