Unofficial Mills

Gigs in 2007

Emma

Our guildhall is already no smoking, not that it stops anyone; it's quite hard to enforce.

Bleugh, yeah.

Lyndsey's trousers were nearly set alight by one.

Came home smelling of cigarette smoke, beer (MAJORLY) and pot.

Yum.

Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,

Waiting to take you away.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, someone just gave me free tickets to go support some local bands in May. Free gig? Yes please!

Sometimes i think these types of gigs are far better than the big bands. Cos you go with pretty much no expectations, so if theyre crap then fair enough, if theyre excellent, then it makes for a really good night. And bands like that appreciate their crowd, genuinely.

At the Little Man Tate gig I went to, they were selling 2 pint glasses of beer. The guys in front of us had 2 of them each. So there was rather a lot of surplus beer which was being thrown about. I was wearing a white t-shirt. Clever...

I saw some small bands recently. We paid a fiver and got to see 4 bands. 2 of them were a bit crap but the first and last one were really good. It's good because it's no more expensive than going to a club and you can discover a great new band out of it. Dartz! are really good, if anyone sees that they're playing. Also you can meet the bands afterwards if you want to, so it's more interactive and personal.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Sadly all alone as far as I know at the minute but have hopes of persuading a friend from down here to come with me...I was going to say I'll wave if I see you but unless you're holding a picture of your avatar I won't see you, of course. :D

Wonder if anyone else from here will end up going?

I thought you said you were oging on the Saturday though? So I wouldn't see you anyway hehe

And I know "Kiwi Lid" is going on the saturday for the who and the view

Not sure when he was online last though... I'll ask him on msn later if it's the saturday he's going

Also, on the topic of smelling of smoke, I hate it when my parents jump to conclusions too.

I thought you said you were oging on the Saturday though? So I wouldn't see you anyway hehe...

...Also, on the topic of smelling of smoke, I hate it when my parents jump to conclusions too.

O yeah - forgot..it's been a hard day, sorry. :cry:

It works the other way too with the smoke, I smoked when I was 16/17 but could put on the innocent eyes and say "I only reek because the place was full of smokers". Not that I condone lying to your parents, of course. Just that at that time it seemed necessary.

I'm going to try for the ballot for Live Earth even though I really don't like Madonna. Wonder how many tickets each person will be allowed to buy?

UM is a nice place

"On July 15th a monumental event is taking place. Not one, not two, but three legendary acts - DAVID ESSEX, THE OSMONDS and THE BAY CITY ROLLERS are going to be appearing on the same bill at the historic Blickling Hall."

Well they've convinced me. I'm there...

"On July 15th a monumental event is taking place. Not one, not two, but three legendary acts - DAVID ESSEX, THE OSMONDS and THE BAY CITY ROLLERS are going to be appearing on the same bill at the historic Blickling Hall."

My Mum was there last night! Although Showaddywaddy and David Cassidy were also there. Apparently David Cassidy cant sing anymore and the Osmonds arent as hot as they used to be...

Oh also! I went to The Dykeenies instore gig in Glasgow earlier. You may know them, you may not, but theyre a good little band. Being the disorganised people we are, we didnt have time at the beginning of the week to go down and get our wristbands for it, but we went anyway and chanced our luck. But the security guy was lovely and let us in the back :D Apparently we dont look old enough to work for NME... but it was good nonetheless!

Oh god ! :( Those acts were bad enough the first time! :(

UM is a nice place