Unofficial Mills

Gigs in 2007

Emma

Electric Six tonight, should be a laugh, even though it will now be a fully sober laugh for me, with no pizza afterwards. But anyway, the songs other than Gay Bar and Danger High Voltage are pretty good, despite the band having faded from the limelight somewhat.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Electric Six were pretty good, Dick Valentine is entertaining and funny. Although a significant proportion of the crowd were just there for 'Gay Bar' and 'Danger High Voltage', their other stuff went down pretty well, particularly with the guy next to me, who seemed to be their biggest groupie and knew all the words to every song and could probably have told you their mums' birthdays and pets names.

The band looked pretty damn cool too, and Dick Valentine made a lot of the fact that they had a "European drummer". I think you would have had to be drunk to appreciate his random political plans, but he asked "how many people in here voted for Gordon Brown? exactly." and (slightly clicheed) went on to blame it all on George W Bush. Politics aside though, it was a very good gig, and they have released some stuff since Gay Bar that's pretty good, despite not being in the mainstream here any more. Definitely worth seeing.

Just contemplating trying to buy tickets for the Arcade Fire tour in October right now.

I can't go to Kowsley Hall Festival now. If anyone wants a Saturday 23rd June ticket pm me - I'll sell at a loss (gold circle ticket) to a good home!

Main Stage: The Who, The Coral, The View, The Thrills, Shack, Pete Wylie & The Mighty Wah!, Little Flames

MySpace Stage: The Black Velvets, The Loungs, The Alones, The Maybes, Miss King & The Kougars, The Quarter, Delta Fiasco

If your being mercenary then try ebay as gold circle tickets are priced at about £100 roughly http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=knowsley+hall+festival&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&a40=-24&a10=-24&a1=-24&a3=-24&a2=-24&a44811=-24&alist=a40%2Ca37%2Ca63%2Ca10%2Ca1%2Ca3801%2Ca3%2Ca2%2Ca44811&pfmode=1&reqtype=1&gcs=1879&pfid=2672&pf_query=knowsley+hall+festival&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=Postcode&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

but a far nicer option is http://www.scarletmist.com/default.asp

This will only allow you sell the ticket at face value but i think is a far more ethical approach to ticket reselling and as such there are no fees from the company.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

Reading Festival in 71 days! yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

You lucky, lucky, lucky b***tard!

That was my first ever festival, looooong time ago. You are going to have such a good time.

Can't even go to Benecassim (really good Spanish festival) now, as I have 3 weddings to attend this summer. They'll be great, ...but.... I REALLY WANT TO go to a festival too!

Tell us all about it, so we can see it through your ears and eyes vicariously.

Have fun.:D

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I'd just like to say:

Ticketmaster are w*nkers.

I've had about 3 hours sleep, got up to try and get Arcade Fire tickets, I'm sitting here refreshing the page because it's past 9am and they hadn't put the tickets up.

and I get the message:

"Please note.

We limit the rate of web page requests that can be made by individual users in any given time period. Your web page requests have exceeded these limits and your access has been temporarily disabled. We impose these limits to protect the web site from automated programs, as part of our efforts to promote fair access to tickets. Please allow several minutes and then try again."

It's probably not even me, just other people in the Uni, because there are thousands of people with the same IP address. So now I'm locked out of Ticketmaster, despite having gone to the effort of registering and everything. B*stards. It's very unfair on anyone who just wants to buy tickets, and doesn't protect them from anything, except people who actually want gig tickets before all the touts snap them up.

The good news is, my friend is buying the tickets instead, so hopefully we will be able to go.

Can't even go to Benecassim (really good Spanish festival) now, as I have 3 weddings to attend this summer. They'll be great, ...but.... I REALLY WANT TO go to a festival too!

I've always wanted to go to Benicassim... this year in particular I'd love to go 'cos the line up's probably the best that it's been in years. Sigh. :cry:

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

You lucky, lucky, lucky b***tard!

That was my first ever festival, looooong time ago. You are going to have such a good time.

Looking at the lineup makes me dribble uncontrollably

Tell us all about it, so we can see it through your ears and eyes vicariously.

Have fun.:D

I was thinking about something the other day. Why don't all the people on here who are going to festiva;ls over the summer Have a blog, then we can link the blogs together? doesnt matter if people are going to the same one, cos then you will get to see about bands that someone else may not have seen.

Sound like a good idea?

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I was thinking about something the other day. Why don't all the people on here who are going to festiva;ls over the summer Have a blog, then we can link the blogs together? doesnt matter if people are going to the same one, cos then you will get to see about bands that someone else may not have seen.

Sound like a good idea?

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

I'm going to Leeds, so different location, same line-up, but we'll probably end up seeing some different bands anyway. I'll write about it afterwards.

I'm going to see Klaxons in November. :D

Me too :D. Travis on Saturday, then nothing so far until 26th November, Klaxons! Grace, it's going to be one big Klaxons partaay!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.