Gigs in 2007

Emma

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to see The Crimea tonight. Should be really good, except that one of my friends is planning on drinking 3 litres of Frosty Jacks (cheapest cider ever) before we go, so we might not be able to get him on the bus.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Yeyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D Booked tickets to see Maximo Park again in October, in Wolverhampton and maybe seeing The Fray in Leeds a few weeks later. I'm ignoring the fact that right now I don't actually know where I'll be living, or what I'll be doing then. :confused:

The Crimea were really really really good. Everyone should go to www.thecrimea.net and you can click on one link there and download their entire album for free. I think they're really brave to release it free but that is the way the music industry should be going. The singer is amazingly in to his songs and the way they use the keyboard is really cool. Their album is one of the best I have heard all year, definitely. They had 2 songs last year that were Colin and Edith's 'CD Burners', Lottery Winners On Acid and Baby Boom. They supported Modest Mouse earlier this week too.

The support band, Undercut, were pretty good too. My friend bought their CD, they sold quite a lot of CDs actually. Anyway, if you get the chance to see The Crimea, definitely go, because they're supporting themselves entirely through touring and merchandise.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

The Snow Patrol mailing list sent this out, it might be of interest to any fans who can get to Glasgow. :)

WIN TICKETS TO SEE SHOW PATROL INFRONT OF 300 PEOPLE!!

As announced previously on the site, Snow Patrol are playing at Glasgow’s King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut next Tuesday (5th June). Tickets are only available by listening to Xfm, with tickets also being allocated to Snow Patrol.com regulars.

SP.com’s ticket allocation was snapped up within minutes, all except the final two, which we have in our possession at SP HQ. To win these very special tickets to see the band perform a full live set in a room no bigger than your average living room, simply answer the question below.

Which venue did Snow Patrol last play in Scotland as part of their UK Arena tour in December 2006?

A) Glasgow Barrowlands

B) Meadowbank Stadium

C) Glasgow SECC

Email the correct answer along with your name, phone number and the subject ‘KING TUTS COMPETITION!’ to [email protected]. The competition closes on Sunday 3rd June at midnight. The winner will be chosen at random and will be informed on Monday 4th June.

4 of us went but as I am 5ft 3, stadiums that are all standing tend not to be great for me! We stood quite far back and were able to see them on the big screens even tho they were quite small on the stage. It was a great show but it started awful early so we missed the support acts :(

glitzy.jpg

Yeyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D Booked tickets to see Maximo Park again in October, in Wolverhampton and maybe seeing The Fray in Leeds a few weeks later. I'm ignoring the fact that right now I don't actually know where I'll be living, or what I'll be doing then. :confused:

Bexy! Im going to see The Fray tooo! eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

(well we havent got tickets yet..)

Im taking a friend and she's like "Well Ema, the Fray make me cry"

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Well the three sites I looked on last night (SeeTickets, Ticketmaster and Gigs & Tours) are telling me the tickets are sold out, so I don't know. :(

Ohh :\ I think it might be a go down to Leeds Met Uni and sit outside and wait kind of malarky. Im sure I saw on Ticketmaster the other day that they still had some.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I can't go to Kowsley Hall Festival now. If anyone wants a Saturday 23rd June ticket pm me - I'll sell at a loss (gold circle ticket) to a good home!

Main Stage: The Who, The Coral, The View, The Thrills, Shack, Pete Wylie & The Mighty Wah!, Little Flames

MySpace Stage: The Black Velvets, The Loungs, The Alones, The Maybes, Miss King & The Kougars, The Quarter, Delta Fiasco

UM is a nice place

Just outside Liverpool, it's a country house place. Not a stupid question at all, I had to look on Google maps to find it when I originally booked and only heard of it at all because I regularly visit The View's website :)

Ahh too far :(

twitter.com/emgreatorex