Unofficial Mills

Gigs in 2007

Emma

I gave my friend the Maximo Park tickets yesterday, she was so pleased... bless her! :D I can't wait now, it's so good finally being able to talk to her about it, I wanted to mention it so many times before but obviously couldn't, because she didn't know about it.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently Zane, Ash and The Automatic are going to be at our end of year ball. Which I won't be at because I'm going home so I can go to London and see Architecture in Helsinki. Tsk.

ASH?! Oh, can I pleaaase go instead of you?!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

6 days to Maximo Park!

Just looking at more gigs. The Wombats are playing next month on the day I have a 4:30pm exam, but we think we can make the gig afterwards with time for a takeaway in between. Should be good, just have to check when my other friends have exams because they might not want to come if they have a 9am next day. It's only first year though -- exams aren't that important.

Also looking at The Twang. I've only heard Wide Awake though. Anyone like their other stuff?

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

6 days to Maximo Park!

Also looking at The Twang. I've only heard Wide Awake though. Anyone like their other stuff?

Yey to Maximo Park! I've got some other songs by The Twang that I can send you if you like? I might be up for coming to the gig too, depending on when, where, how much etc. :)

Maximo Park and Art Brut last night were truly amazing, possibly the best gig I've ever been to. The first support band were definitely worth missing - just think two crazy Lily Allens crossed with a bunch of 5 year olds let loose on some musical instruments - but Art Brut had so much energy and the lead singer was using the mic cable as a skipping rope, which is something that you don't see very often. The crowd where I was at that point were the dedicated Art Brut fans and the band did well working the crowd and their songs are good too. They finished with a mix of Good Weekend and Formed A Band, which was great.

When Maximo Park came on, the crowd up the front got too crazy and we had to move back a bit. They opened with Graffiti, then played most of the songs off both albums. If you don't have Our Earthly Pleasures yet, you should definitely go out and buy it. It sounds good on the CD, but so much better live. Being in a huge crowd all singing "love is a lie which means I've been lied to, love is a lie which means I've been lying too" is a great feeling. Even though the album has only been out a few weeks, everyone there knew all the words, which was brilliant. They played Going Missing as the last song before the encore, which was amazing, as I love that song. Then they came back on and played Kiss You Better and Parisian Skies before finishing on Limassol.

If you get a chance to see them, definitely go.

:D What she said! ^

Me and my friend were a bit tired and she wasn't feeling too great, so we decided to stand upstairs on the balcony and watch the madness that was happening downstairs, rather than be a part of it.

The gig was excellent though, like Cindy said, they had so much energy and passion which was so cool to see. It's made me want to be in a band! :)

The gig was excellent though, like Cindy said, they had so much energy and passion which was so cool to see. It's made me want to be in a band! :)

Eddie from Art Brut was quite insistant that we should all start bands. The indie scene is already flooded though. I think I'll keep on with the degree....