Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 in 2025

GeekTalk51

14 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

I see Victoria Derbyshire maybe getting the Radio 2 slot when next vacant can’t imagine Jeremy Vine staying too longer at 2. But feel Newsnight likely Clive Myrie, Faisal Islam, Ros Atkins (unlikely would be popular contender I’d imagine)

Can guarantee Clive Myrie wouldn't do Newsnight at this stage. His profile is way to high at the BBC for that... I'd imagine he'll gradually become the main face of the BBC News At Six or Ten when either Huw or George decide to step down, he's already one of the main deputies on both programmes. I doubt the main newsroom will want to lose him to a late night programme on BBC Two. That's my take on it anyay.

Going back to R1, you could be right in regards to Dean & Katie. My comments were based off if they wanted to replace Scott & Chris with another duo, and the fact both are based in Salford.

49 minutes ago, NathanS said:

Can guarantee Clive Myrie wouldn't do Newsnight at this stage. His profile is way to high at the BBC for that... I'd imagine he'll gradually become the main face of the BBC News At Six or Ten when either Huw or George decide to step down, he's already one of the main deputies on both programmes. I doubt the main newsroom will want to lose him to a late night programme on BBC Two. That's my take on it anyay.

Going back to R1, you could be right in regards to Dean & Katie. My comments were based off if they wanted to replace Scott & Chris with another duo, and the fact both are based in Salford.

I think over all the News at 10 wouldn’t be using talent right as Maitlis done big exclusive interviews and on location reporting. Seems hotly tipped name. 

As said back to 1 think by then Jordan North and Vick Hope will have every reason to continue presenting together. Suggestions Sam and Danni contentions for a weekend slot so think by then if it’s two to three duos. That would be enough for my opinion 

I don't think they do have every reason to stay together. If they are needed for Breakfast, Vick may want to leave Jordan to go to breakfast on his own because obviously Vick has left a big breakfast show already so there's no sign that she'll want to do another one, especially after the mental health comments she made re her departure from Capital.

Once Greg has done this show, which I suspect will be within the two years (as Chris Moyles said in a Podcast a couple of years ago, nobody will ever beat his record of 8 and a half years, they'll be too old and untrendy long before then)  much like Moyles, he'll leave the station. However, I think he will stay at the company barring some huge offer coming in from Commercial Stations (could only see it being Global), can very much see his future at the BBC at either Radio 4 or 5 Live. I think it's very likely we see him on Test Match Special at some point, the perfect sort of guy for it in the future.

Scott will be off within a couple of years too I predict, which will obviously be sad and the true ending of a huge era at the station, but he will almost certainly end up on Radio 2 daytime, and could see him doing more Radio 5 Live stuff possibly too in the future.

Jordan will absolutely take the next Breakfast Show gig, but almost certainly with someone else, either Katie or Vick, and I suspect the other one that doesn't take Breakfast will take Drivetime. Once Scott leaves, Dean will probably get his slot or they could move RMC to his slot and put Dean in the Live Lounge slot. For me, the evening shows seem set for a while, considering there's a whole new schedule coming to that especially around weekends from September. 

19 minutes ago, ImMaxClaydon said:

Once Greg has done this show, which I suspect will be within the two years (as Chris Moyles said in a Podcast a couple of years ago, nobody will ever beat his record of 8 and a half years, they'll be too old and untrendy long before then)  much like Moyles, he'll leave the station. However, I think he will stay at the company barring some huge offer coming in from Commercial Stations (could only see it being Global), can very much see his future at the BBC at either Radio 4 or 5 Live. I think it's very likely we see him on Test Match Special at some point, the perfect sort of guy for it in the future.

Not sure I agree with that comment from Moyles.

He did not want to adapt his style (he's still doing the same type of show on Radio X!) - whereas I see Greg as much more of a Scott style presenter. He adapts, changes to suit the 'current' sound of Radio 1 and more importantly keeping the listener as the star of the show means he could easily go on for 6+ years. (Whereas Grimmy had the celebrity culture that was getting a little bit boring towards the end of his time).

8 hours ago, ImMaxClaydon said:

Scott will be off within a couple of years too I predict, which will obviously be sad and the true ending of a huge era at the station, but he will almost certainly end up on Radio 2 daytime, and could see him doing more Radio 5 Live stuff possibly too in the future.

Jordan will absolutely take the next Breakfast Show gig, but almost certainly with someone else, either Katie or Vick, and I suspect the other one that doesn't take Breakfast will take Drivetime. Once Scott leaves, Dean will probably get his slot or they could move RMC to his slot and put Dean in the Live Lounge slot. For me, the evening shows seem set for a while, considering there's a whole new schedule coming to that especially around weekends from September. 

He may continue to do short Radio 4 series and one of comedy entertainment bits. Maybe a 5Live show or Radio 2 cover then be possible. See him maybe getting a book deal for fiction maybe mix of adult and childrens fiction. Feel his career will be very Simon Mayo in its direction. A memoir will possibly happen do some news paper columns like Adrian Chiles does do some regular cover on the One Show and television presenting bits then later stuff like Radio 2. But also may be when in time something like Greatest Hits, Radio X of Absolute will be a twist and turn thing 

I see Rickie & Melvin leaving in 5 years possibly end up back on commercial Heart Radio maybe. 

It would be unthinkable that anyone would get somewhere beyond 6 years on breakfast in future.

I don’t think Dean will eventually be the right one for the live lounge I think eventually maybe the live lounge maybe better of moving out of its slot.

Wonder where peak time of listening will be in 2025 and whether Breakfast radio continues to lose its power across the industry and whether if a four day week show or change of timing would happen again. 

I think whatever the most listened time slot is then Jordan North, Vick Hope & Katie Thistleton make good contenders as the staple figures of the station in that time 

8 hours ago, Ash101 said:

Not sure I agree with that comment from Moyles.

He did not want to adapt his style (he's still doing the same type of show on Radio X!) - whereas I see Greg as much more of a Scott style presenter. He adapts, changes to suit the 'current' sound of Radio 1 and more importantly keeping the listener as the star of the show means he could easily go on for 6+ years. (Whereas Grimmy had the celebrity culture that was getting a little bit boring towards the end of his time).

I find with Scott he did drive for a while one of the major shows. I think one thing that helped him he never presented breakfast show full time and never been a full time presenter of that show. I think breakfast radio can be a poisoned challace no digs in anyway it’s difficult craft to master as points in Greg James, Nick Grimshaw etc breakfast career hit moments of exhaustion and burnout of the difficult hours of if. A lot more pressure.

Think with it doesn’t leave great deal of space to keep things fresh after so many years.

Think it’s an end of chapter most time if switch from that slot