Unofficial Mills

Why are the Radio 1 DJs behaving weird today?

GeekTalk51

Apparently something weird also happened on Greg's show but I'll go back and listen later

Also - just listened back to RMC from earlier... Radio 1 used to be a good station. What happened ?

Note too how in today's TOTH, Vick and Jordan could only promise 'more chaos' after 3:30

44 minutes ago, IsaacM said:

Apparently something weird also happened on Greg's show but I'll go back and listen later

he pretended to have hiccups during his link at around 8:55am

unless I missed it they didn’t ask for bangers contestants so I assume Sara worked for Ant and Dec?

55 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

I got to say what is as say Ant & Dec ITV thing is probably going to get listeners switching over or switching off flicked over and it’s well cringe. Scott and Chris don’t need to be interfered with

I’m actually surprised they didn’t do this with Capital or Heart as there’s links between ITV and Global (Love Island podcast etc)

I think it’ll be hard for Vick and Jordan to successfully make it sound like they’ve went mad, as the some of the previous dares would sound pretty normal with them e.g Jordan burped on air last week (I’m not saying they are mad or anything, I love their style)

I just don’t think you’d get away with it on a Global station! The links are too tight to even have the time to breathe around one of the dares! be interesting to see it on the telly on Saturday. Plus it’s a nice bit of promotion for the new R1 Daytime line up!

1 hour ago, radio1fan said:

very true, and also the Radio 1 DJ’s are more well known, and Jordan is part of Takeaway this series so it probably makes for a better item

Think it’s case yes Roman Kemp, Amanda Holden, Marvin Humes slightly less name recognition Sonny Jay, Dev and Jamie Thiekston would have name recognition but given how short the links are on Heart and Capital it’s more rigid. Think this is one of the marmite moments for Radio 1

They are definitely pushing the limits now as that was so obviously fake, you can tell they were getting their instructions at the same time. I wonder when the official reveal will be, if it’s like the previous one with ITV daytime shows it’ll be ThursdaySuspect it's more Ant and Dec, but you never know if there's some 

27 minutes ago, GeekTalk51 said:

Surely they won’t do this until Thursday? I think people will switch off.Suspect it's more Ant and Dec, but you never know if there's some 

it’ll only be for one day like the previous one, it’s just that they’ll reveal it later in the week I think

This is pretty marmite as Aaron said and there are people on Twitter that don’t even realise it’s a joke, they should probably reveal it ASAP, I don’t think it’s got anywhere near as much wider media coverage as the previous one did. Personally I like the idea but the dares could have been more believable.

15 minutes ago, radio1fan said:

it’ll only be for one day like the previous one, it’s just that they’ll reveal it later in the week I think

This is pretty marmite as Aaron said and there are people on Twitter that don’t even realise it’s a joke, they should probably reveal it ASAP, I don’t think it’s got anywhere near as much wider media coverage as the previous one did. Personally I like the idea but the dares could have been more believable.

I agree marmite - I sorta enjoy the chaos of it - it might have been better if they’d done something more elaborate or clever - like Scott pretending to resign or Jordan confessing his love to Vick or just something really out there but played straight and deadpan.

If it is Ant and Dec they usually reveal on social media that they've been responsible - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/ant-dec-reveal-were-behind-23808220

The Lorraine Kelly stunt got a lot of attention.

I mean it could be Big Weekend related, but I suspect there'd be more planning involved if it was Radio 1 themselves!