Unofficial Mills

Who will be Big Weekend 2022 special guests?

radio1fan

Ditto Two Door Cinema Club & Sean Paul who hadn’t been on playlist rotation for a good while prior to the time of 2019’s big weekend.

A lot of it will depend on who the organisers Festival Republic & The BBC can get booked & who is touring at the time & indeed who is available that weekend.

She lives mostly in America Adele but no longer an import could it be an artist like Dua Lipa. I mean Adele would be big act that still gets a lot of radio 1 play and has a mass appeal beyond the station and may seek interest of making it a BBC One special for her performance. 

If it wasn’t for Glastonbury the dead obvious one would be Billie Eilish. Contenders may include Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga a while since they performed. The Weeknd think the station would like him returning considering he’s put out few projects since last time.  BTS less likely but a lot of social media interest when comes to radio play on radio 1 of the act and given a BBC One special. Think when future pop lands it would be case that on Mollie Kings show may play some K-Pop and some non-western pop acts

2 hours ago, Jono said:

Harry Styles has just said his new single is out Friday. I suspect if he is on the bill, they'll time the announcement around this publicity. 

Wonder if he’ll pop up on Breakfast plugging it. Look forward to listening to his new single.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Annie did the Friday night dance show as well so I think that made her more prominent. She's an excellent presenter at new music and I think Jack is the perfect successor for this show. Clara was always in the 'good' category for me. She's been around since I started listening to R1 so feels a bit weird she's leaving. Think it's only Greg, Matt, Danny Howard and Pete Tong left now!
    • See I don’t agree…I think the three way dynamic is not really working. Vick & Katie are really great together and I enjoy Vick & Jamie together. It’s something between Katie & Jamie that’s not gelling for me. However it’s early days and they are still much better than some other combos. Plus Matt & Jamie were radio comedy gold for me so I don’t think Jamie’s the problem. Just maybe didn’t need to be a three. 
    • HAppy birthday Scott mills I hope u like the photo sent to you and I hope u recived my massive birthday CARD as I sent it to BBC RADIO 2 broadcasting house on special recorded delivery for you as let me if u have got it as I wrote a very large letter to you inside the card and sent a photo inside the card as well your biggest fan Yolanda xxxx LOVE 💖 YOU MILLIONS SCOTT  MILLS 
    • It's rather sad that Pink News is even running this - they should know better.
    • I was invested in the show when it was Vick and Jordan / Katie - now I don't pay attention and might leave the station when Jordan starts on Capital.  What I do hear is a mix of formulaic and awful.   It's strange how one person leaving a station can affect your outlook on the whole station.
    • Happy birthday Scott! Hurry up and get back on the airwaves 😊
    • Think it just depends on his commitments but agree he's a good listen. 
    • I liked her last show, but I don’t feel it had the same impact as Annie’s show. Also, I feel her tenure was quite short to be honest, so don’t understand what the sentiments are all about. I mean Annie did this show for 6 years and Zane Lowe for 12, compared to Clara’s 3 years. Looking forward to Jack taking over from her - I think he has a lot of influence from Zane Lowe and we need that energy in 6pm slot.
    • I wonder if R1 will do a big event type thing on the week that Jordan starts on Capital? It will minimise the number of people turning over I’d guess 
    • Hard to believe that all the new shows from September 2021 are now pretty much over, aside from RMC on the live lounge show, and even then, they seemed to change things up after 18 months or so. It feels like yesterday since 6th September 2021 when all those new shows began!  
    • I've never listened to Rylan before this week but have found him to be excellent.  He should be Scott's main cover going forwards
    • Always thought Arielle would get this show. She's the most natural presenter to Annie Mac. Maybe it was something to do with her Dj career and residencies in Ibiza
    • Sad that she said she felt different to others at Radio 1 having come from 1Xtra. Lovely how supportive Greg was through her career. 
    • To be honest she never filled Annie’s shoes in my eyes. It’s been a disappointing tenure having not been able to grow her show. It’s a stark contrast from her mid morning show where I preferred her to RMC.
    • Yesterday when Katie was off was nearly unlistenable. Shows how vital she is in the show dynamic.