Unofficial Mills

Hello from a new U.S. listener!

BRH

Texting, while not as big as in the U.K. is definately on the increase in the U.S. though. I haven't heard any radio stations here taking text messages yet, but it is often used for voting in polls on TV shows like American Idol and Big Brother, etc. Also, I know there has been some controversy over texting recently among teenagers in high schools, where some had been using text messages to cheat on exams.

Texting, while not as big as in the U.K. is definately on the increase in the U.S. though. I haven't heard any radio stations here taking text messages yet, but it is often used for voting in polls on TV shows like American Idol and Big Brother, etc. Also, I know there has been some controversy over texting recently among teenagers in high schools, where some had been using text messages to cheat on exams.

yeah they've found that over here in the UK too thats why we have our phones banned or turned off in the exams,yeah we use texting for big brother,XFactor etc

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Pretty much the same here then. It certainly has caught on very rapidly in the last few years here

Many schools here in the U.S. also now either ban phones or require them to be turned off (or at least try to ban them, but some still sneek them in).

Also, as I said, text messaging is big on shows like American Idol, Big Brother, Survivor, etc. when they do polls and votes. Speaking of which, I love Big Brother. I believe the U.S. version began around the same time as the U.K. version several years ago. I know the U.K. version just wrapped up this year because I heard them talking about it on Radio 1. The current U.S. version (Big Brother 6) is still going on and is a little over halfway through. The finale' is supposed to be in late September. It's been a pretty fun group this year and is getting better every week. If anyone is interested, you can check out the details on the U.S. version of Big Brother at www.cbs.com/bigbrother

I like a lot of the reality type TV shows, so thanks for bringing many of those to us here in the U.S. I know American Idol (Pop Idol), and Big Brother both originated in the U.K. first.

Big Brother here is very different. You don't get the whole Davina McCall stylee. We have huge crowds and the eviction takes place in a crowded studio, live. Banners the lot. Last time I caught it it was very different. Reminds me of a soap opera in America.

I text everysingle day just about spent alot of money on it but its cheaper than phone calls

Maybe that's why we don't text as much here. While we pay per-text charges or pay an extra $10 a month for unlimited texts, phonecalls to anywhere in the US don't cost any extra money. I have Vonage (which just launched in the UK - http://www.vonage.co.uk) at home, and pay nothing for calls to the US, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, and am charged $.02 a minute for calls to England.

• 3 years later...

BUMP

I'm back!! I had canceled my Sirius Satellite Radio subscription last year since I was listening a lot more to my XM Satellite Radio. :) But as of today, BBC Radio One is now available on XM, adding the potential of about 10 million more listeners to Radio One.

Yay more listeners. :)

• 1 year later...
Guest ghsfdshg

In One DVD die,WOW Gold announced with the September 2009 edition of the magazine

Famitsu, Nobuaki Komoto XI to know that secondary job system while returning IT IS to focus a weapons and abilities, and have no

experience points or a leveling. Buy WOW GoldThis would be the third time since DEM Final Fantasy

II knows that die this series had been kind of change to view. However, as showed gameplay footage during the open first alpha

test, die players' experience earns points for ONE player WOW Power Leveling

"physical level". The player’s physical level affects attributes like HP, MP strength, intelligence, and other similar

basic statistics. There IS no specific job levels BUT.Buy Aion Gold The setting will

also be not changed while NOR is set in one "high fantasy" world, WILL die setting Contemporary his ALS die include calves

predecessor and higher technology. The game IS too race Aion Leveling"Trusted "The

players of Final Fantasy XI Gil and a new name BUT takes" other changes".