Unofficial Mills

Sad story about my dog

phoenix

His name is Mickey. He's very old and blind and deaf. I've had him since I was 12. He was okay until last night.

Last night he was standing in corners for like 7 minutes and not moving. It was freaking me out, he was like a zombie dog. So I picked him up and carried him downstairs and left him there. This morning it took me a while to find him. He has been trembling a lot lately so he was doing that. I took him outside on the leash and he stumbled down the front stairs. He could barely get around the yard. He couldnt even walk properly. I had to carry him up the stairs back into the house. Then I opened up a can of dog food and fed him with a spoon. I called the vet, they called back soon. I spoke to a technician, who she said was like a nurse. I talked to her for a while, found out my dad had made an appointment for this evening. She said it sounded serious. I asked her if dogs get like Alzheimer's and she said they do have conditions where thier brains lose functions. She said it sounded like Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. I had her spell that so I could look it up. http://www.vara.org/VestibularSyndrome.htm Yes, it does sound like that. My mom came home, I explained it to her. I said, "I think he's dying." She said, "I think he is too." She started to cry.

I really do think my dog is dying. I dont know why I'm not devastated. I guess I just knew it was coming for a while.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

I remember when my cat was dying when I was about 7, it was a sad time. He had to be put down, but he knew it was going to happen somehow and ran away for 3 days before my dad found him and took him to the vets.

I'm sorry about your dog :(

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'm sorry about your dog too.

I would be devastated if my dog pass away. he is 12, but I know his time will come one day and it will be very sad day...

my little cat is ill, I don't even know what's wrong with him. He's hobbling around the hose, holding front leg up and not putting any weight on it at all, he doesn't want to eat, but I hope he will be fine in few days. This is a cat, he will pull through, but I don't like to see animals suffer. who does? hmmm... only people with hearts of stone, I think.

style5Scott-spc-Mills.png

Aw, I'm so sorry hun! :-( Don't give up hope though! We have a dog called Barney. He's a 5 year old German Shepherd/Labrador and he once had Parvo disease. This basically gives him the runs and makes him vomit all the time. Coupled with a loss of appetite, it's not good. He was in the vets for about three weeks until we decided to bring him home to die. At this time he was only 9 months old so his immune system wasn't that strong. When we brought him home, my mum tried what many people would call "force-feeding". She put bits of chicken on the back of his tounge, held his mouth closed and rub his throat until he swallowed it. It eventually paid off and he's now the proud father of 9 adorable little pups and he's the most beautiful dog we've ever owned. Don't give up hope! :-)

Okay well we went to the vet. Before we left my parents were hugging and my mom was crying. My mom never cries. She cried a lot at her father's funeral, my grandfather's funeral. I put my arms around both my parents. I also took a picture of them with the dog.

Well we went. The dog has a fever and its making him disoriented. He may have an infection or the boil on his thigh may be a tumor which is causing him much pain when he walks. The doctor gave him a very strong antidote shot - apparently the same stuff they give to people who are infected with anthrax. He prescribed medicine and said it should - might - pass in a few days. Thank God, I thought it was something really terrible. But likely an infection and high fever.

When we got him home he was walking fine, got up the front steps okay, and even drank some water.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21