Unofficial Mills

Christmas & New Year (Dec 21-Jan 22)

BBCAaron

• 2 weeks later...

New guess:

Mon 20-Thurs 23 December

4am One of the rotation presenters

7am Matt & Mollie (maybe just Matt?- been like that in previous years)

10:30am Dean McCullough

1pm Arielle Free

3:30pm Jack Saunders & Katie Thistleton

6pm Sian Eleri

8pm Jess Iszatt (Nels Hylton Thurs)

XMAS Eve

7am Matt Edmondson

10:30am Dean McCullough

1pm Jack Saunders

Chart- Katie Thistleton

Then Danny, Sarah & Pete

XMAS Day

7am-11am Dean McCullough

2pm-6pm Arielle Free or Katie Thistleton

New Years Eve

4pm-6pm: Chart with Katie Thistleton

6pm-10pm Arielle Free

10pm-2am Charlie Hedges

I also predict that Scott will cover Ken on Radio 2 either on the week of the 20-24 or the 27-31 December- that's why I have left him out.

Another suggestion drops in my inbox

Christmas Day

07:00 Kat Cowan

11:00 Scott Makin**

14:00 Christmas Day Afternoon (Officially, it's not known yet who's doing this show)

18:00 Christmas Party with Sarah Story**

21:00 Radio 1 Anthems non-stop

Boxing Day

06:00 Vicky Hawkesworth

10:00 Xmas Takeover

11:00 Xmas Takeover

12:00 Xmas Takeover

13:00 Arielle Free**

16:00 TBC

18:00 Christmas Anthems with Katie Thistleton**

19:00 TBC

21:00 TBC

Monday 27th December

07:00 Jordan North

10:00 Best of Breakfast - Greg James

11:00 Sian Eleri

12:45 Newsbeat

13:00 Dean McCullough

15:30 Jack Saunders

18:00 Charli XCX

20:00 TBC

** Indicates it may be pre-recorded

Interesting to see Sian potentially getting some daytime cover. The fact there’s a breakfast best bits seems to look like it’ll be normal music.

It’s also interesting that they’ve not got the Xmas presenters on that Monday. Having Charli XCX on Future Sounds also seems to indicate that they’re doing the Celeb takeover again.

Can’t see that schedule being real either? Why is Best of Breakfast only on for an hour?

As much as I’d love to see a return to that sort of stuff at the end of the year (didn’t Moyles have a whole day of highlights?), it probably won’t happen because of the Christmas intake of presenters? 

I'm going to wait to make any firm prediction, but I can't see it being much different to the past couple of years (main presenters finishing week before Christmas, with the 'B team stepping in). Christmas presenters from Boxing Day to NYE/NYD. I think Scott will reveal the Christmas no.1 on Christmas Eve and I'm hopeful he does the Christmas Day breakfast show as is tradition (even if it does fall on a Saturday).

I've enjoyed Jordan doing the New Year's countdown for the past few years but I can see him stepping down from that now he's drivetime host. Dean McCollough or Charlie Hedges would be a good shout for this.

2 hours ago, Ash101 said:

Can’t see that schedule being real either? Why is Best of Breakfast only on for an hour?

As much as I’d love to see a return to that sort of stuff at the end of the year (didn’t Moyles have a whole day of highlights?), it probably won’t happen because of the Christmas intake of presenters? 

Pre Christmas Presenters intake... I used to enjoy the themed days across the Christmas period (Greatest Hits/Anthems), Best of the Live Lounge, Big Weekend Highlights, Chart of the year, 10 hour takeover etc.

20 minutes ago, Jono said:

Could be on all week?

Good point. Like I said, I would love for them to do something like that again. Wasn’t it usually NYD for Moyles, something like a “12 hour breakfast” with a different month in every hour?

Feels like Scott & Chris have enough highlights for a day like this too. 

It seems like this years festive period is a reduced intake for debut presenters but think that having ‘Best of’ pre packaged content shows are a good idea maybe something that can add few pre recorded links some of the behind the scenes relaxed chats about behind the scenes chat would be good to shoehorn when its more of a relaxed approached to doing radio. I think the all star Christmas things with Charli XCX would be good. Like think having across Radio 1, Radio 1 Xtra and Radio 2 having some comedy entertainment shows for the evenings would be interesting.

Used to like the 10 hour take over having that on Christmas Eve or the 23rd would be good falling in the days before Christmas when people are travelling home to families or doing last minute shopping etc. 

Personal taste never was as keen on the whole Teen awards highlights shows they used to do mainly with audiences deafening noise

Chart of the Year feel should come back and never shouldve been dropped

some highlights of the live music from the livelounge, big weekend, future sounds and Christmas top i of the pops should have space in Schedules. When they did Scott and Chris’s banger special days was good. 

I find for any station the Christmas period is an interesting to see what stuff experiment or come up with to get listeners tuning in. Something i enjoy listening to over the seasons especially in a rest moment or nothing on tv 

This is another claim to be the latest Christmas Day schedule. Makin at BBC Tees seems older than I expected so I'm not convinced by the below... 

07:00 Kat Cowan

11:00 Scott Makin (apparently pre-recorded from BBC Radio Tees)

14:00 Christmas Anthems with Katie Thistleton (pre-recorded)

15:00 Christmas Eve Afternoon (not known who yet)

18:00 Radio 1 Anthems with Sarah Story

22:00 Christmas Anthems in the mix

3 minutes ago, NathanS said:

Will make a change from wall to wall 'artist takeovers' if it is a recorded Xmas special of their show. Maybe one for directly after the breakfast show?

Especially as Christmas Day is a Saturday as well. Wouldn’t have expected Vick and Jordan to be on at all. 
Apparently the press release is coming out tonight too so we should have some more idea of what is happening over Christmas then!

Christmas Eve I'll go with:

Early Breakfast Jess Izzatt

Breakfast Show Matt & Mollie

Mid Morning Dean McCollough

Afternoon Katie Thistleton (Christmas Eve is usually wall to wall Christmas songs, so maybe no party anthems)

Christmas Official Chart with Scott Mills

Normal Friday night lineup.

Will keep an eye out for the schedule announcement then, i do think that best of the year or specials of Jordan and Vick and other daytime shows will make for a good change think its better to have artist take over dripped out over festive period to back to back. Noticed that BBC Sounds have already got some of their festive playlists available to download and listen now so think the Christmas highlights are soon know started with tv highlights of who’s on strictly Christmas special

I like the look of that schedule. I assume Scott & Dean are live, with the rest pre recorded. Shame breakfast doesn't start till 8, I used to like waking up and tuning straight in. The Greg James rogue promises programme sounds interesting indeed. It's a running thing on his show. No 'filler' playlists either. Double Scott Mills on Christmas day too.