Unofficial Mills

Yasser leaving Asian Network

NathanS

I think Yasser often been a last option selection probably at moment where cover on new schedule and time slots week was bit unstable unless by doing bits of Radio 1 he maybe working of some general contracted time before he leaves. Looking at the new changes over at the Asian Network must show that there’s been some cost cutting and streamlined approach to the schedule.

I notice the new Asian Network schedule doesn’t mention Newsbeat & that the 3-6pm show will be debate/news based.. so I wonder if they’re going to reverse the Lockdown news changed with this in October? The only real change that R1 still has is simulcast news at breakfast, I wonder if that’ll change? But Greg is such a pro that to clock starts each half hour aren’t too jarring anyway

On 9/9/2021 at 1:45 PM, Ash101 said:

I notice the new Asian Network schedule doesn’t mention Newsbeat & that the 3-6pm show will be debate/news based.. so I wonder if they’re going to reverse the Lockdown news changed with this in October? The only real change that R1 still has is simulcast news at breakfast, I wonder if that’ll change? But Greg is such a pro that to clock starts each half hour aren’t too jarring anyway

The Newsbeat would like likely keep newsbeat so small detail to mention it. Asian Network debate and topical news programming has mainly been in the morning think is good to have some sort of staple on the schedule like Mid morning or later evening but 15:00-18:00 seems bit odd since it’s a drive slot. I know from Wiki that 1 Xtra over a decade ago had a similar thing in the late drive slot