Unofficial Mills

The end of entertainment news

Darren m

I feel some of it does get embedded into newsbeat but on reflection it’s case with social media and audience interest has changed it seems almost essential a decade ago but could be losing something with having less popular cultural coverage I do feel future sound should have maybe a short bit brief music and headlines.

But sometimes think see some people generally fed up with BBC investing in so much of the entertainment and non essential news must have a smaller team and hiring less still feels odd that newsbeat will move out of NBH

I think the writing was on the wall when Sinead left around the time of Grimmy's departure. A lot of the presenters incorporate the best celebrity gossip into the show, whilst Newsbeat itself covers a lot more celebrity news, for instance the death of Sarah Harding was the big story on Monday. Can't say I'll miss it, would much let presenters lead on it, but it did work quite well with Grimmy and even in the early days of Scott's drivetime show.

Agree, I always found the entertainment news bits quite laboured and unnecessary. If it's good enough then a presenter should probably be talking about it anyway! 'Entertainment news' for the sake of it benefits no one. The only positive part of Grimmy having it at drive time was the interaction he had with Sinead. But now with every show having multiple voices there really is no need.