Unofficial Mills

Greg’s Revenge

GeekTalk51

I bet come September they’ll do another big event, and it’ll be Greg’s revenge on Jordan and Vick! Making it into a prank war between them would be a great stunt to keep attention on breakfast show and the new drive show.  Does anyone else reckon this is plausible, little hints here or there indicate to me that may well be what they’re planning, because it’s gold from a content perspective.  A Radio 1 with Greg on Breaktast and Vick and Jordan on Drive will probably be very event heavy, since it’s the sort of thing both of them excel at (and clearly Vick does too, she really shone through as a phenomenal presenter over this week), and if you agree with me, what sort of plans do you think Greg will be cooking up for September?

7 hours ago, BBChris said:

2 hours ago, GeekTalk51 said:

I bet come September they’ll do another big event, and it’ll be Greg’s revenge on Jordan and Vick! Making it into a prank war between them would be a great stunt to keep attention on breakfast show and the new drive show.  Does anyone else reckon this is plausible, little hints here or there indicate to me that may well be what they’re planning, because it’s gold from a content perspective.  A Radio 1 with Greg on Breaktast and Vick and Jordan on Drive will probably be very event heavy, since it’s the sort of thing both of them excel at (and clearly Vick does too, she really shone through as a phenomenal presenter over this week), and if you agree with me, what sort of plans do you think Greg will be cooking up for September?

Accidentally quote tweeted two technical issues I think from her appearances on TV, her podcast and experience on radio feel she’s proven to be a talented and well experienced presenter I feel like with Katie done bits for Bitesize during the pandemic and doing cover on Radio Manchester can see her having many presenting opportunities beyond her weekly show. Think they make a good pairing. Glad to see Katie doing bits for radio 1 for sometime to come but see her maybe on 5Live and producing other shows from Salford. Think there’s totally an appetite for more outside broadcasts as with some shows from Salford and newsbeat moving Birmingham will mean probably station will want to be less inner London.

Think that to do another thing on this scale that would involved costs of travel, props etc to different locations would be seen as spending too much money without considering quality and quantity. Think should focus on 2-3 days of events on daytime per six months it should be more of how can make purposeful effective and can extend it to be more or less. Think it would be good if they focus on where can they bring the content and how they get listeners interacting more with shows in a physical setting. 

I’d do a cross Radio 1/1 Xtra Freshers week road trip of universities Scott Mills, Chris Stark, Greg James, RMC bringing their shows and features on the road to university audience. 1 Xtra Talks and Lifehacks on the road with Dance and BBC Introducing bits on air and some Introducing Comedy bits.

Then Greg James, Vick and Jordan at Christmas can do sort of Christmas party bits here do the thing did before surprises for the listeners and some sort of party like thing. 

Would be good if they did try to do different Entertainment bits in keeping with the Edinburgh fringe when returns like possibly getting presenters up there doing lolathon stuff and chatting to comedians and reploxating the fun on air bits for an audience and maybe have series of bonus late night bits 

R1 Fan general suggestion feel like general outreach tour is something they could’ve done this summer to go out to coastal towns and cities with mix of live music sets snd introducing stuff from the area vut general idea. Think it @R1_Fan it would be good to have a non scripted tour maybe freshers could be god od as September one 

Feel like since BBC is a public organisation that if it live outside broadcast work was done inline with some aspects of the local economy and local cultural scene like Radio 6 Music goes to record stores and independent music venues from time to time. Radio 4 has used its platform to consistently used too support up and coming comedic talent think. Radio 1s live events need to tap into supporting aspects of youth culture at independent and grassroots level when do stuff like this and link it back to its programming as know this will work for RMC, Scott Mills, Jack Saunders shows

2 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

Accidentally quote tweeted two technical issues I think from her appearances on TV, her podcast and experience on radio feel she’s proven to be a talented and well experienced presenter I feel like with Katie done bits for Bitesize during the pandemic and doing cover on Radio Manchester can see her having many presenting opportunities beyond her weekly show. Think they make a good pairing. Glad to see Katie doing bits for radio 1 for sometime to come but see her maybe on 5Live and producing other shows from Salford. Think there’s totally an appetite for more outside broadcasts as with some shows from Salford and newsbeat moving Birmingham will mean probably station will want to be less inner London.

Think that to do another thing on this scale that would involved costs of travel, props etc to different locations would be seen as spending too much money without considering quality and quantity. Think should focus on 2-3 days of events on daytime per six months it should be more of how can make purposeful effective and can extend it to be more or less. Think it would be good if they focus on where can they bring the content and how they get listeners interacting more with shows in a physical setting. 

I’d do a cross Radio 1/1 Xtra Freshers week road trip of universities Scott Mills, Chris Stark, Greg James, RMC bringing their shows and features on the road to university audience. 1 Xtra Talks and Lifehacks on the road with Dance and BBC Introducing bits on air and some Introducing Comedy bits.

Then Greg James, Vick and Jordan at Christmas can do sort of Christmas party bits here do the thing did before surprises for the listeners and some sort of party like thing. 

Would be good if they did try to do different Entertainment bits in keeping with the Edinburgh fringe when returns like possibly getting presenters up there doing lolathon stuff and chatting to comedians and reploxating the fun on air bits for an audience and maybe have series of bonus late night bits 

A student tour isn’t a bad shout.  

• 2 years later...