Unofficial Mills

'Grazing' in the supermarkets

Geezer7348

The 'eating food in the supermarket thing' used to annoy me when I worked on checkouts, especially when parents would say their to kids that they couldn't have whatever they wanted til they'd paid. Then as soon as I'd scanned the chocolate or whatever, they'd give it to the kid.... HELLO?! You haven't actually paid for it yet!!

Ok, i kinda agree with Scott on this. Its not right, at least pay for it first! I mean you wouldnt go to a kitchen showroom and start using the hobs, or go to buy a bathroom suite and test the toilet for real!

Scott really should present Supermarket Sweep

take control

or go to buy a bathroom suite and test the toilet for real!

Didn't they do that in Jackass The Movie? A horrible scene, I seem to remember.

I've been to a shoe shop and tried on the shoes then kept them on and paid for them and carried my old shoes home and worn the new ones before.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Ok, i kinda agree with Scott on this. Its not right, at least pay for it first! I mean you wouldnt go to a kitchen showroom and start using the hobs, or go to buy a bathroom suite and test the toilet for real!

I agree with you John, trying things before you buy isnt right unless without the express permission of the chain of company you are in. I'm sure Tesco or any other supermarket wouldnt be overly impressed if you opened up a loaf of bread followed by a tub of margerine and used some of the cutlery previously collected in another aisle to make a sandwich... :rolleyes:

I have seen people doing it and it does annoy me. When their kids are eating and drinking before they've even got near the checkout.

I guess if there's a huge queue to buy your lunch though and you don't have much time, eating it in the queue might work but there's no guarantee you're going to pay for the empty packets.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'