Unofficial Mills

Grimmy to leave Radio 1

Ash101

7 minutes ago, Ash101 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-nick-grimshaw-quits-radio-24429941

Grimmy is expected to announce he’s leaving Radio 1 on air this afternoon.

Jordan & Vick to replace him

Interesting combo to replace him seems to be departing at same time as Annie Macmanus think last few months or last year must’ve seen the most people who have departed Radio1,R1X in time good move for Vick Hope. Can’t remember a duo being on drive time. Wonder if he may have been offered role at another station

I'm not surprised he's leaving. He's done the top job, and 3 years on drive. His show is starting to sound a little tired so it'll be a welcome change.. and much deserved promotions for Jordan & Vick, who i'm sure will bounce of each other well... as Jordan works about well with everyone he's on air with at R1.

Jordan's moment is finally here... and it was obvious when Vick joined that she would have a bigger role further down the line. That's two major daytime shows changing so hopefully it's secures Scott's future for a while yet.

2 minutes ago, radio1fan said:

I said he’d leave in 2022, turns out it was much sooner, but it’s not really a surprise. He’s been a good laugh and it’ll be a shame to see him go. Vick and Jordan presenting as a duo is an interesting choice but I think it’ll work well

Seems like with Dev,Phil,MistaJam,Huw,Annie,ToddlaT,Dotty leaving the R1/RX family means pretty much in new era almost t for the station. Likely means Pete Tong and Scott Mills are the only presenters who have stayed in similar slots fo years. Feel like there will be new imaging and promotional bits to the start of the new lineup.

still yet to know who will do 6M Afternoons

*unrelated- has anyone had issues with the chat box it’s a blank white box for myself.

Wonder what will happen with Sunday afternoon and weekend mid morns but can think that mid morn RMC maybe 5 day a week possibly Charlie only doing 4 of them for Dance Anthems of course 

1 minute ago, Dan18F1 said:

Dean is replacing Jordan at the weekend, I wonder if Vick will stay on Life Hacks with Katie? 

Would’ve liked it if Katie Thistleton had a promotion in this is Dean going to do Saturday Sunday not Friday or with Friday

Just now, BBCAaron said:

Would’ve liked it if Katie Thistleton had a promotion in this is Dean going to do Saturday Sunday not Friday or with Friday

Dean has taken all of Jordans Slots Fri Sat and Sun and will be from Salford

The chat box has been broke for days

I imagine they'd happily broadcast outside London too...

Was just enjoying Nick on afternoons, but excellent news for Vick and Jordan. I wonder if Annie and Nick will pair up again in the future now. Bit gutted for Katie losing another co-presenter.

Just now, R1Fan1 said:

As much as we said that we thought his time was up Grimmy has been amazing, I hope he goes onto big things. Jordan and Vick - I can’t wait to hear that!

Agreed enjoyed Grimmy in the mornings and after doing breakfast on the station unlike Sara Cox it’s pretty hard to stay on that long after a stint on breakfast as done a long haul of that. Does make me think could a commercial station be reshuffled and given bit of new face and relaunched or news emerged. Feel that could end up on Wireless ‘Virgin’ station or doing something like Global or Bauer

1 minute ago, Lee E said:

Dean has taken all of Jordans Slots Fri Sat and Sun and will be from Salford

The chat box has been broke for days

Ah least it’s not just me thats experienced issues, I mean it’s good news for him and will likely mean exiting Gaydio but it’s going to be interesting how his career develop guess that’s why paired him with Molly on occasions hopefully that Katie Thistleton may get something if Matt Edmonson, Adele Roberts or Scott’s shows changes in the long term

3 minutes ago, Jono said:

I imagine they'd happily broadcast outside London too...

Was just enjoying Nick on afternoons, but excellent news for Vick and Jordan. I wonder if Annie and Nick will pair up again in the future now.

Yes would be good something like 6Music or a spin off station or a reshape of some of Radio X, Absolute or Virgins output. But yes can’t imagine them being too long away from the microphone.

Maybe if ever Apple Music ever did national radio stations as with having global and international wide English language stations. But feel there’s probably in couple weeks or months something we’ll hear

If Grimmy’s last drive show is 12th August and Vick and Jordan’s first is 6th September, then I’m going to assume we will have a few weeks with the so-called “B-Team” on weekday daytime in the gap? 

It’ll be really weird to listen to the “new” Radio 1 in September with all of these changes, but hopefully everything goes smoothly