Unofficial Mills

The problem with the BBC

Dj78

The probelm with Mills is he is on the bbc and, partially, his sideshow bob. The bbc doesn't do promoting gayness much, so Mills is somewhat confined in what he can do, so he, with the strong influence of his team, go on about hooking Mills up with girls. Oh how funny would it be if Scott hooked up with a girl, titter-titter?! Not very. It's been done. Blind Date, Streetmate...... It would be funny if sideshow bob hooked up with a boy. That hasn't been done. But, sideshow bob wouldn't do it, he'd just moan and groan and challenge his masculinity, or something! I'm sure Mills is more than happy doing all this, but so would I be in his rather comfortable, non-risque position.

So yeah, he is gay, but often does 'funny' things like talking about dating girls to keep listeners and keep the bbc and sideshow bob happy.

Hmmm.....now where did I put my Dr Who avatar?!!!!!

I wholly disagree with that. It's too late for me to argue it.

But you can't get much more gayer than the BBC at the moment. Take Graham Norton for one. He's splashed all over Saturday Night TV, and yet he's not hiding his sexuality.

Scott's been doing his own thing for years, before all this Moyles/Clarkson gay debate.

And sideshow bob?

you would Jono - but you don't understand our viewpoint. gay people aren't represented well at all on the television or on radio for that matter, and you can't argue that point. not that i watch it for this reason, but torchwood is about the only programme on tv where you MAY see man on man action. every other show is rife with the opposite. it takes specific shows like queer as folk for gay issues to be brought to the limelight - not just man on man action, but coming out, dealing with hatred because of our sexuality, forming relationships that aren't just about sex. The bbc pussy foots around it, ALL the time!

Stop arguing with me just for the sake of it.

Hmmm.....now where did I put my Dr Who avatar?!!!!!

If it was a format like the Chris Moyles show, I think perhaps Scott would need to come out more. But it's not like that. This show isn't about needing to know every detail of people's private life. No one needs to know whether Chappers has some children or not, or whether the one that doesn't speak likes to dress up as a woman at the weekend.

Like Scott said in 2001, he came to this decision:

But despite his public statement now, he insisted that he would not make an issue of his sexuality, or prattle on about his love life (his is single) on air. "I'm certainly not going to turn into some gay ambassador all of a sudden, because that's not me. I'm not a campaigner."

There's nothing stopping Scott talking about his sexuality. Aled does it. Brian Dowling does it. They're both on Radio 1 a lot.

I see a point somewhere in your argument, but it sounds to me like you could easily be mistake for one of those gay rights campaigners who blows what people says out of proportion.

i dont understand why, but i am starting to get very pis*ed off at this argument for some reason. well i will try not to. people have to remember that it is scott's show meaning that people tune in to hear scott mills. and being as it's his show, i am pretty sure that if there is somthing that he dosent want to happen. it wont if he isn't confertable with it.

the reason that scott does bits like pretend to go out with girls and such is becuase he is still a gay guy and it is all a joke. what makes it funny is that everyone knows he is gay but it's sort of a pi*stake if you like. the reason chappers dosent put on stunts like dating the same side is becuase he is straight. and mabie he wants to stick to that becuase he is confertable with being straight and people knowing it. and doing those sort of things just isn't his style of comedy.

on the grid.