Unofficial Mills

Mistajam's Radio 1 dig

Darren m

On 4/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, Jono said:

Mistajam had a dig at radio 1 yesterday on capital dance he said his show tonight has live DJ sets rather than pre recorded ones lol

Obviously feels confident about his show

I don't think Capital Dance is big enough for Danny or Pete but also the station would play much more club music which I'm not sure is a good thing. What would happen to Mistajam and the rest of the Capital Dance and Capital Weekender crew and who would take over for them on R1.

If global were to snatch up anyone from R1 I think Arielle Free would be the best option but some of the new presenters that were on at Christmas would be a much better fit, E.g James Cusack.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:24 PM, Lee E said:

MistaJam had a pop at R1 saying no pre recorded mixes here, do we know how Radio 1 do it? and is Dance Anthems done the same way? I always "assumed" him and Charlie mixed it themselves on the decks

Depends if he was referring to Radio 1? If so i doubt he was referring to dance anthems. They are pre mixed anyway as per the other anthems hours, even when Mistajam hosted, although he did have live in the mix segments from himself and guests.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 5:10 PM, SamChisholm said:

If global were to snatch up anyone from R1 I think Arielle Free would be the best option but some of the new presenters that were on at Christmas would be a much better fit, E.g James Cusack.

A swap would be nice- Coco Cole to R1, Arielle to Capital Dance. (Unlikely- as Coco is also a Club DJ- but I can dream right?)