Unofficial Mills

Saddam Hussain, is death the right thing?

hannahisgreat

Should he die?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should he die?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but not so soon
    • I don't know

i think most of these anti war hippies who musn't have jobs create this sympathy for him. i swear some must support him. it's easy to do a little research on the net and it wouldn't take long to find reasons why he should die. he showed no sympathy to anyone he killed, and therefore it must come back on him.

on the grid.

I think that the death penalty is wrong and Hanging is something that is just wrong if they should kill him perhaps they should just give him an injection

Do you know what he did to people? for example, and a very minor one at that, knock on peoples door, kill the mothers and children and take away the fathers for torture.... why should he be given an easy way out?

Firstly, how can you make a judgement when you don't know about all the evidence heard in court and exactly what the judge heard?

Secondly, you guys who want him to rot in jail, does that not make you just as bad, if not worse than he was?

and finally, did you know that being hanged in Iraq is reserved for the commoners in Iraq, so this infact a great insult to Sadaam.

This is up there with the stupid comments seen on Sky News this afternoon. They had a poll and 75% of people thought that Saddam should face the death penalty. 75% of Sky News viewers believe the death penalty should be used - that is worrying. As someone on another forum said on the same matter:

"Execution is never justified, no civilised nation does it, and killing Saddam will cause more deaths than the man ever caused himself."

why oh why is there a 'yes but not so soon option'? he's been captive for ages! if he has to die, which is just wrong by the way, then he dies, why prolong the inevitable? Are we so evil that we let kill someone the way they would kill someone? Surely then we become the beast that we are trying to rid ourselves of?!

Hmmm.....now where did I put my Dr Who avatar?!!!!!

Exactly, but some people would rather seem him being tortured for long period of times, making them as barbaric as he was. I am completely pro-life and this is a pity it has ended like this but, as I said before, it is Iraqi law and he was being tried for crimes against the Iraqi people so this is the punishment.

• 1 month later...