Unofficial Mills

Bring back Real Or No Real

GeekTalk51

20 minutes ago, Electric Boogaloo said:

I don’t think the quiz is sounding tired tbh, I was just thinking the other day how good it’s been having a proper feature at the end of the show again, it was weird when RoNR stopped and the show just kind of, ended. Would still be glad if it made a reappearance

I would like to see "Where ere they" come back as well, it seems the show only has three slots for features, 140, 240 and 310, the first half hour is always and always has been too music heavy for my liking, also I don't see why they have to have a newsbeat at 130, when there is the long one at 1245? 

33 minutes ago, Lee E said:

I would like to see "Where ere they" come back as well, it seems the show only has three slots for features, 140, 240 and 310, the first half hour is always and always has been too music heavy for my liking, also I don't see why they have to have a newsbeat at 130, when there is the long one at 1245? 

There's always been a 13:30 bulliten. The main newsbeat programme has more in depth reports, some of which are special programmes. The bulliten updates the headlines. It makes up part of their required hours of news. They've already cut back over the years with no 04:30, 05:30 and 17:00 bullitens on weekdays, 16:30 and 17:30 on Saturdays, and looks like the 21:00 (formerly 22:00) is not coming back anytime soon.

I remember Scott bringing back Real or No Real on Radio 2 when he covered for Steve Wright a while back - it was good to hear it again, but it didn't feel the same with the original format and music. I'd love it to be brought back regularly on Radio 1 with the original format and theme music.

Having said that, Don't Look It Up is a really strong feature and it's excellent at the time it's on (towards the end of the show) so it's hard deciding whether to replace Don't Look It Up for Real or No Real. Perhaps an occassional outing of RoNR will have to do.