Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 or Big Top 40... which is the biggest chart show?

NathanS

Something i've noticed for a while, both the Official Chart and the Big Top 40 both claim on air to be the 'UK's biggest Chart Show". Now, what are the latter basing it off? There hasn't been any RAJAR figures since last March, and at last check... The Official Chart had recorded more listeners than the 'other chart', so it's not even as if they can claim that.

11 hours ago, Jono said:

Does commercial radio claim they're bigger as they're on for longer and play more songs?

Who knows. Possibly. It's just a bit odd to hear them both make the same claim on air. In fact, it's a lot smaller than it used to be as it used to be syndicated out to most commercial stations, now reduced to a Global only programme on the Capital/Heart network

9 hours ago, Darren m said:

Radio 1 is the official one so I think that’s why it’s the biggest and most listened to

Yes think it’s most listened to but the Global network may try to make claim because of syndication between heart and capital heavens had radar data for a while but its likely some stations may blag statements I remember they also say where it’s live and real-time

Yes it seems lies would be a current song that would fit in with Capital Dance but something Heart possibly Heart Dance would spin and sure still heavily iTunes based. I wonder how many people still keep up proactively to know what the number one is and really listen to charts for it when stuff like chart data tends to be the stuff you see on your Apple or Spotify charts