Unofficial Mills

Greg's 'massive announcement'

Jono

My first thought was another LOLathon. Scott mentioned it during a show last month about how much they really enjoyed doing it.  The fact both Scott & Chris are on suggests it is that. It's something they could pull off during current times (more so than another Greg 'stunt'), and very much needed in my opinion!

Admittedly, i didn't listen to the radio this morning so i forgot Greg wasn't on. Was he scheduled to just have today off? Could be totally unrelated. I'd say that it being Comic Relief is likely but who knows... guess we'll find out tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, Jono said:

Curious Greg was off today, feels like there's another layer to it

I didn't even think if this was related or not. but who knows if it is related  

1 minute ago, NathanS said:

My first thought was another LOLathon. Scott mentioned it during a show last month about how much they really enjoyed doing it.  The fact both Scott & Chris are on suggests it is that. It's something they could pull off during current times (more so than another Greg 'stunt'), and very much needed in my opinion!

Admittedly, i didn't listen to the radio this morning so i forgot Greg wasn't on. Was he scheduled to just have today off? Could be totally unrelated. I'd say that it being Comic Relief is likely but who knows... guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Greg was Scheduled to take today off. I am sure he mentioned it as well on Friday, that he would be back  on Tuesday.
I know Mat and Mollie knew about as they talked about it over the weekend. 

If it was a 3 way LOLAthon,  it going to take some organizing, with only 2 people being allowed in studio at once.  But it is the sort of think that the 3 of them would do.  If there is anyone at radio 1 who would attempt to break the record it would be them. 

1 hour ago, anothernerd said:

I hope it is another lolathon. Feels like the last one was forever ago! Or I’d like to see them tackle a marathon broadcast! But, with all the COVID rules in place, maybe wouldn’t be so great without someone walking in as a surprise guest or being able to play many games.

I think with zoom it could very much work, alongside the use of the 2 two person studios. 
if it is a lolathone or related, it would need a lot of planning and logistical work but it is very much doable. 

My list of suggestions includes some unlikely and ridiculous 

Greg’s taking a sabbatical and Scott/Chris are going to take over breakfast as their final radio 1 hurrah.

Lolathon or longest radio 1 show

Scotts departure

Equivalent to Radio 1 big weekend being announced. 

hide and seek

Radio 1 are going on a vaccination roadshow 

39 minutes ago, Jono said:

Hadn't thought about the restrictions on the studio, loved it when they had all the Northern DJs in one room last time.

Studio restrictions are probably one of the biggest difficulties at the moment. 

1 minute ago, abertom said:

My list of suggestions includes some unlikely and ridiculous 

Greg’s taking a sabbatical and Scott/Chris are going to take over breakfast as their final radio 1 hurrah.

Lolathon or longest radio 1 show

Scotts departure

Equivalent to Radio 1 big weekend being announced. 

hide and seek

Radio 1 are going on a vaccination roadshow 

There are some good suggestions here. 
Greg On sabbatical maybe,  he been doing it for 2 year, it probably a good time.    Scot Chris  would be a good temporary host of the show. I would guess that Jordan would then take what is now Scot and Chris show. 

Lolathon, or longest show, i think this is the most likely think. 

Scot Departure, surely he would do this on his own show. 

big weekend, or similar.  was my first thought. I was thinking end of summer, when hopefully the world is back to normal. 

hide and seek, very much doubt at this stage. October half term I would guess would be the best time.  but if they did do it now this would be a good idea. 

4 minutes ago, michaelb said:

They could do it so he broadcasts from one of the BBC local studios and we have to guess which one using clues.

Vacation roadshow. Maybe. 
But I think if this was going to happen it would guess it would happen when vaccine are being given to people more within the target audience for radio 1      

I doubt it's anything to do with the future of any of the DJ's. They wouldn't trail a departure announcement. Slightly off topic but as i've seen it mentioned above as a guess, Scott's departure has been speculated for years now. Management must be happy to keep them on otherwise they probably would've departed under the last changes. I still think they'll be in that slot this time next year. The fact Greg has only just increased to 5 days, i'd say it's nothing to do with his future on R1 Breakfast.

As has been commented by several other members, i agree it'll likely be an announcement for an on air 'event' such as Comic Relief. The other thought i had (before Scott said it's him joining Greg tomorrow) was regarding filling the void of Big Weekend. Of course it looks unlikely it will take place this year, and there's been no announcement regarding that matter.

I think it has to be a marathon event

I am going with - 10 years almost to the month of the 52hr show so I reckon they (Scott, Chris and Greg) are going for something like 70 hours maybe 

Start on Breakfast on Wednesday and finish at 4pm Friday for the chart to start with Kaite and Vick ?