Unofficial Mills

New weekend lineup 2020

Jono

Very much enjoyed Adele Roberts on weekend breakfast this morning, her enthusiasm shines through and a great move from early breakfast. 

The new afternoon slot for Matt and Mollie seems to have breathed fresh life into their radio output too. 

And of course, good to have Radio 1 Breakfast on five days a week again... 

I liked that Adele’s show just sounded like she moved slots. Didn’t think she suited the anthems section. But then again, I don’t really like anthems as it is. But I’m sad I don’t wake up to Matt and mollie anymore. I used to hate them (as a duo) but I’ve really warmed to them since the pandemic struck. 

Felt nice to wake up to Greg on a Friday. I hope with one extra shift he can bring back some old games or even start something new. 
Also looking forward to hearing Sian’s first show. Haven’t heard her before. Looking at her socials she seems really bubbly. If it goes well.. maybe she could get Annie’s slot in a couple years? 

Maybe so, although i can see Annie staying where she needs for as long as they need her to. I can't see the real need to move her off her slot. Jack Saunders may well be odds on to be the one to replace her, should the time come in the next couple of years. It probably won't be long before we hear Sian cover Annie or Jack, the latter will probably be Annie's main stand in now Phil Taggart has gone.

Matt & Mollie have really come into their own over the last few months and I think the move to afternoons will only help strengthen that. Seemed to help Dev & Alice, moving away from Weekend Breakfast. 

I do feel having Greg on 5 days a week & a more music heavy show Saturday/Sunday breakfast is better. Adele is a safe pair of hands, but as others have said it’s probably the ‘way out’ route for her....