7-10 am: Scott Mills (yassss!)
10-2 pm: Radio 1’s Armed Forces Christmas Takeover
2-4 pm: The Official Chart with Scott Mills
4-6 pm: Radio 1’s Superstar Playlist
6-8 pm: Rickie, Melvin and Charlie
8-10 pm: Radio 1’s Indie Show with Jack Saunders
10 - 12am: Radio 1’s Essential Mix
From 12am: As Normal

Seems like Scott will be double shifting this year but very very happy to see him doing Christmas Day breakfast! 

Great to hear Scott doing the Christmas day breakfast show, although seems quite odd he's double shifting, almost certain both will be live (the breakfast show always is, and the chart err... will be live). I'm actually really surprised we don't have Jordan on Christmas Breakfast this year, i was fully expecting it to happen. 2-4pm is also an odd time for the chart to air. The last time it fell on Xmas day, they did it at 10am, which could've made sense again (plus could've been a continuation on from the Breakfast Show, or would've made sense to air at the usual time of 4pm.

The chart will almost certainly be live. It's the most important chart of the year (in the sense it's the one that still gets the general public interested in it), and will have live interaction with the listeners (texts, calls and tweets). There is usually two live shows on Christmas day (Breakfast and 'Drive' usually, or the chart when it falls on 25th December). 

1 hour ago, Lee E said:

Seems like 6-6 NYE is Radio 1 Dance, so is that the stream or with live presenters? doesn't look like any of the regular presenters are on until 6 with Arielle 

I imagine the guest presenters will do the dance shows. It's probably blank presenter wise because they haven't announced who's doing it yet.

It will be interesting to see who does the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd as Dev has obviously left, I can’t see Matt and Mollie doing their final weekend breakfast shows then and I don’t think Adele or Arielle will work then as they would have new shows starting the week after. 
I could potentially see: 

7:00 Jordan North
10:30 Katie Thistleton/Cel Spellman
1:00 Riyadh Khalaf

I think that could possibly work, however I’ve really got no idea! 

1 hour ago, abertom said:

New Year’s Day seems to be Radio 1 dance apart from Scott with the chart at 4pm

The other difference seems to be that there is no Pete Tong and no replacement for him so Annie's and Danny's show are 3 hours each.

Annie Mac: 6pm-9pm

Danny Howard: 9pm-12am

Article on the Official Charts website says that Katie Thistleton is doing the chart on Christmas Day?

“Tune in to The Official Chart with Katie Thistleton on BBC Radio 1 on December 25 from 2-4pm to hear the Christmas Top 40 countdown and the exclusive reveal of the winner of the Official Christmas Number 1 2020.”

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/christmas-number-1-2020-the-contenders-revealed__31728/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=27-11-2020 The Official Word&utm_content=27-11-2020 The Official Word+CID_73b14dcfdf48bad847bbb16cdf717b92&utm_source=CampaignMonitor

Katie just appeared to confirm she's working Christmas Day, so looks like the info posted by the Official Charts Company is correct.

Does seem a little odd that Scott won't be announcing the Christmas No 1, it's the first time it's fallen on 25th December since he took over as permanent host. Although, it's great he's doing Breakfast again. 

51 minutes ago, NathanS said:

Katie just appeared to confirm she's working Christmas Day, so looks like the info posted by the Official Charts Company is correct.

Does seem a little odd that Scott won't be announcing the Christmas No 1, it's the first time it's fallen on 25th December since he took over as permanent host. Although, it's great he's doing Breakfast again. 

Katie also dose a fair bit of  work for BBC Radio Manchester. And last Christmas  hosted a show with Hacker T dog on Christmas day. 
So it could be that she conforming that she doing Radio Manchester show on Christmas day.

Who knows we will just have to wait for the press releases and Schedules to be released in full 

On 11/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, Dan18F1 said:

It will be interesting to see who does the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd as Dev has obviously left, I can’t see Matt and Mollie doing their final weekend breakfast shows then and I don’t think Adele or Arielle will work then as they would have new shows starting the week after. 
I could potentially see: 

7:00 Jordan North
10:30 Katie Thistleton/Cel Spellman
1:00 Riyadh Khalaf

I think that could possibly work, however I’ve really got no idea! 

Arielle is covering 1-4pm on the 2nd and 3rd.