Unofficial Mills

Studio order question

Lee E

I Know I have asked this before, but never had a solid answer, and some newer members may know, so why is it on a Friday and the weekend the studios seem to swap for example on a regular weekday Adele, Clara, Grimmy and RMC are in 82D and Greg, Scott, Annie and Jack come from 82A but at weekends it seems to change, Arielle 82A, M&M 82D, Jordan 82A, Dev 82D, Scott 82 (E/F??) Annie 82A and Danny 82D 

Anyone have any idea why this happens, also why doen't Scott just use 82A on a Friday or is that because Annie insists on 82A every time 

I'm not sure I know the reason exactly, but I do know that there have been several changes to the studio allocations recently (since the new schedule started this month).

So on weekdays Adele and Clara's shows now come from 82F.

Weekends Arielle and Jordan also now come from 82F.  The chart comes from 82E and Danny is in 82B.

Interestingly, the 1Xtra breakfast show has been in 82D recently - it always used to be 82F.

It seems that any shows with a co-presenter must come from 82A or 82D as these studios are larger, making social distancing possible.

21 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

I'm not sure I know the reason exactly, but I do know that there have been several changes to the studio allocations recently (since the new schedule started this month).

So on weekdays Adele and Clara's shows now come from 82F.

Weekends Arielle and Jordan also now come from 82F.  The chart comes from 82E and Danny is in 82B.

Interestingly, the 1Xtra breakfast show has been in 82D recently - it always used to be 82F.

It seems that any shows with a co-presenter must come from 82A or 82D as these studios are larger, making social distancing possible.

I wonder if that's because 1xtra breakfast will be a co-hosted slot going forward? 

• 3 months later...

@Lee E In repsonse to your chatbox post, here are the current studio allocations for R1:

Mon-Thurs

Arielle 82F, Greg 82A, Clara 82F, Scott 82A, Grimmy 82D, Annie 82A, RMC 82D, Jack 82A

Fri

Early Breakfast 82F, Greg 82A, Jordan 82F, M&M 82D, Scott 82E, Annie 82A, Danny 82B

Sat

Adele 82D, Jordan 82F, M&M 82D, Charlie 82F, Target 82A, Tiffany 82C

Sun

Adele 82D, Jordan 82F, M&M 82D, Life Hacks (Katie in Salford, Vick in Salford or sometimes 82E), Sian 82B, Dan 82C

If you want the same info for 1Xtra or Asian Network let me know.  1Xtra use the same 6 studios as R1, as do around half of Asian Network's shows - the rest come from Birmingham.

6 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

@Lee E In repsonse to your chatbox post, here are the current studio allocations for R1:

Mon-Thurs

Arielle 82F, Greg 82A, Clara 82F, Scott 82A, Grimmy 82D, Annie 82A, RMC 82D, Jack 82A

Fri

Early Breakfast 82F, Greg 82A, Jordan 82F, M&M 82D, Scott 82E, Annie 82A, Danny 82B

Sat

Adele 82D, Jordan 82F, M&M 82D, Charlie 82F, Target 82A, Tiffany 82C

Sun

Adele 82D, Jordan 82F, M&M 82D, Life Hacks (Katie in Salford, Vick in Salford or sometimes 82E), Sian 82B, Dan 82C

If you want the same info for 1Xtra or Asian Network let me know.  1Xtra use the same 6 studios as R1, as do around half of Asian Network's shows - the rest come from Birmingham.

I would love to know what 1X does 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Roman Kemp 😜 I think Will was at radio 1 at one point wasn't he? 
    • Hats off to Chris for leaving a challenge for Greg.  To plan that out was great detailing and proves what a talented guy he is.  The post he posted on Instagram also links into it which is great to.  There is loyalty to Greg there so I don't think he's joining Capital.  Persephonica was looking for an 'experienced entertainment producer' a few months ago. I wonder if this is where Chris might be heading? 
    • Jordan North… Seriously though, out of the commercial stations I only really listen to Capital but I do think Will Manning is very strong (and could quite easily slot into R1). I also think Jimmy Hill is a very good commercial DJ (but probably wouldn’t be as good on R1).
    • First link made me blush 
    • Who do you think is the best commercial presenter? This is your view, doesn't have to be who has the most ratings 
    • Starting off strong. 
    • I remember Chase and Status being added to the line-up for Coventry after a drop out. At the time it seemed a bit random, but they seem massive again now!
    • That is a bit strange, yes. Fair point. Oh yes, I'd say both are equal. It's just they'll have been on Instagram for some time, whereas TikTok will have been a new addition in recent years, so something probably has to give. Us anoraks like to see Twitter as important, but I find myself putting much more time into those other platforms. Incidentally when I applied for a social job there probably four years back (wasn't successful!) I did say I thought the audience wanted more insight from the station rather than just content around the stars. I think they've moved a lot more in that direction, especially with the visualisation in the studio. You see more of Greg James than Harry Styles. I don't envy the PR machine at Radio 1 going straight from Mollie King's challenge to Big Weekend announcements without a break!
    • Since they starting the big weekend right at the end of Matt & Mollie’s show I expect they get to do the duties of opening up the festival.
    • Matt and Mollie and Sam and Danni have DJ sets on Friday of Big Weekend, still makes me think they are really keen to push both pairings in a hole left by Jordan.
    • Broadcast wise it’s going to be interesting to see how they handle the performances starting at the same time as the chart show.
    • Yes sort of, although it’s still weird that they tweeted when Mollie was halfway completed but did not do so when she crossed the finish line.
    • it would make sense to ensure both instagram and TikTok are treated as equals and kept in tandem as reels and downloads of instagram are growing when TikTok I think I’ve heard is stagnating.    I mean it makes sense to do less with Twitter or X as it has change. There has been a lot of change in how its run and operate with focus on making it a platform people pay for and its been volatile for advertising with lots of loss in paid promotions on the platform and the business worth has been waining and any communications and marketing for any business and organisations are seeing that
    • I feel like all ATB songs started with some sort of airport in their video