Unofficial Mills

Two years of Greg James on Radio 1 Breakfast

Jono

We've had two years of Greg James on Radio 1 Breakfast. I've been listening to a lot more since the whole pandemic forced me to work at home, and I have to say it's still as refreshing as day one. It's the sort of silliness the whole family can listen to - which I didn't think Grimmy's show achieved (although I think that was intentional).

The last few days of Jordan, Scott and Greg on daytime has been quite male-dominated but the nonsense has been a bit of a joy to listen to.

19 hours ago, Jono said:

We've had two years of Greg James on Radio 1 Breakfast. I've been listening to a lot more since the whole pandemic forced me to work at home, and I have to say it's still as refreshing as day one. It's the sort of silliness the whole family can listen to - which I didn't think Grimmy's show achieved (although I think that was intentional).

The last few days of Jordan, Scott and Greg on daytime has been quite male-dominated but the nonsense has been a bit of a joy to listen to.

It's been brilliant 

Going to miss Scott covering next time, but i'll be tuning to R2 next week as this could be the start of him covering weekday shows, not sure he'd get to cover for Vine though, but I can see him covering for Ken and Sara and maybe Zoe 

Greg is great on breakfast, and they did the right thing putting him on drive for 6 years so he could come in and refresh it after the Grimmy era, imagine if he had got it after Moyles, then he would probably have finished now and we would have a new host, although I still maintain that Scott should have been appointed in 2012 and maybe Grimmy getting afternoons

But if Scott had got it then where would he be now? probably out, the reason he's been about so long is not only his relevance but also he's not in the prime slot, so in the background as such 

I can see Jordan getting 1-330 if Scott moves to R2 full time, i'd say he would be lined up for the big show if SW retires, but with a schedule change to 2-430 and Sara starting at 430 instead of 5 

If I was the controller of R2 I would remove the Vine slot if he went to TV full time have Zoe 630-10 Ken 10-1, Scott 1-4 and Sara 4-7